14th November Stromlo Race

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
aww man, that track sounds f'ken awesome! i wish i could get out there. oh well, i'm gonna have to go riding out there the week after exams... grr

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
jaswill said:
Remember its a privledge to have the access to drive up and ride down, so dont f__k it up fot the rest of us when youre driving up to the observatory!
very imporant!

i might head out 2morro arvo (wed). last ride for a while, as im selling my bike :cry:

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
shirtz said:
jaswill said:
Remember its a privledge to have the access to drive up and ride down, so dont f__k it up fot the rest of us when youre driving up to the observatory!
very imporant!
Yeah, particularly on Sunday when we race. Guys, don't forget there'll be carloads of tourists and families on that road so take it easy. Last thing we need is a story in the news about hooligan's terrorising people. And if you are doing lifted runs keep them legal. If won't take long before the cops come and sniff around for people in the back of utes etc.

928stu

Likes Dirt
Here's a couple of pics from Sundays practice/construction.

The pallet drop-off.

One of the rock jumps.

And another

More of the track.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
cant wai to check it out this arvo!

one of those rock jumps lookd a bit nuts with all the burnt logs around it.

jaswill

Likes Bikes
shirtz said:
one of those rock jumps lookd a bit nuts with all the burnt logs around it.
No It looks worse than it is, the bottom thumbnail 928stu posted is actualy the run off from that jump.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
rode it yesterday. what a top course! that pallet drop is way biger than it looks in the pic. one of the rock ones down the bottom is decent too!
the walk from the bottom to the top is an absolute killer. if you do the whole track, shuttleing is a must!

ps. bring insect repeliant!!!! serious. the flies are terrible

jaswill

Likes Bikes
Yep the picture of the pallet drop is deceiving but its straight forward as long as you take the left hand side of the pallet.

RedPill

Likes Dirt
yeah, so does any1 know yet wats happening with the bottom coz i was there 2day and i wasnt sure where they were going to stop it and is there going to be shuttle runs or is it just friends giving lift's to other friends?

Jebus

Pro Rider
that was sick track to race on. And its becoming a better scene with the shops getting behind it now. Great weekend too

jaswill

Likes Bikes
928stu took about 80 digital pics so we should see some of those up soon.

Yes Mal Adjusted have been very generous with prizes and its making the post race scene much more ethusiastic.

Congrats to Nick Webb for quickest time and thanks to Jared Rando for all his help lately good to see high profile riders helping out.

And well done Rhys Mollart on his first race in under 15's.

shirtz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah i went to check it out to take a few pics. hung round the pallet drop for a bit. its good to see all those little lad havin a go.

saw one dude fall off his huffy and taco his wheel nicely. steel aint as strong as it used to be :)

i was really impressed that people with heaps of dirrent abilities were riding. ive decided to start racing when i get back from OS cause of it. :D

Jebus

Pro Rider
shirtz said:
yeah i went to check it out to take a few pics. hung round the pallet drop for a bit. its good to see all those little lad havin a go.

saw one dude fall off his huffy and taco his wheel nicely. steel aint as strong as it used to be :)

i was really impressed that people with heaps of dirrent abilities were riding. ive decided to start racing when i get back from OS cause of it. :D
would u be able to please post your pics up?

thanks