Search results

1. U

Stromlo conditions

Well I'm loving Stromlo all over again. Few rides there so far this week, Skyline is just amazing! Quick video from earlier today. Hopefully I can get the rest of the sections dialled before the weekend. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHcabptMKbs&feature=youtu.be
  2. U

Stromlo conditions

Oh fantastic. Just what I wanted to hear given what colour my kit it. You guys are doing a great job of putting me off. Is zip ties to the helmet still the preferred deterrent for magpies? Had an encounter with one of those in 2010 as well and was pretty dangerous being on the road at the time!
  3. U

Stromlo conditions

Noticed a few changes to the course, but nothing major. I see they have put a ladder across the gap jump (on luge?). I liked that bit :) Blue sky, dry trails! It's been months since I last saw dust, just 2 weeks more to wait! Question for the locals, are snakes a regular sighting or was I...
  4. U

Stromlo conditions

Ace, sounds like fun! I'm tubeless on the ralphs. It's pretty rocky where I live in Wales and don't have problems with Snakeskin, but Evo are more fragile. Might play it safe and go for Snakeskins. Thanks for the info.
  5. U

Stromlo conditions

Can anyone give me an idea if the terrain around Stromlo has changed much over the past 2 years? I participated in WSC 2010 and will be back for the Scott 24hr in a few weeks time. Just wondering if the tracks are more cut up or rocky and perhaps more prone to punctures or something? Got...
  6. U

Scott Entries are Open for 2012

Can anyone recommend some accommodation or links to find something for a week around the date for the Scott please? Ideally a small cottage/apartment or something similar. The nearer Stromlo the better!
  7. U

Future World Solo 24 Hour MTB CHampionships

How many Aussies will be making the trip to Italy next year?
  8. U

Future World Solo 24 Hour MTB CHampionships

Just to let all you Aussies know, but everyone I know in the UK will be supporting the new series and many will be making the journey to Italy next May. I don't know the full details but I know at least 2 of our 24hr event organisers agreed to host the 24HOA, one even flew him over to see the...
  9. U

2010 World Solo 24 Hour Championships

My race report is online for people to check out: http://bit.ly/cLOvMW I'm not sure if there is any truth to the race coming over to the UK next year, but I think we will see the WSC over here within the next 2-3 years for sure. The course was pretty rough, but not all "euros" ride on...
  10. U

Thanks to everyone at the event last weekend that made it so special. Personally I was disapointed that I wasn't able to race at my best after travelling so far to be there. The weather might not have been that bad for you guys, but it was the hottest I've raced in and I suffered early on and...
  11. U

Have the race numbers/rankings been released yet?
  12. U

That would be fantastic if anyone is willing to show me about. I'm getting to Canberra on Monday 4th. Any locals able to show me about perhaps send a PM?
  13. U

Is there any chance of a .gpx or something similar put up of the course before the event?
  14. U

Thanks for the suggestions. Just to check, the Canberra Motor Village is within walking distance of Canberra itself? That is the main concern as my partner doesn't ride and with the van parked up we wont have transport. If Stomlo is riding distance away that would be great.
  15. U

Can someone recommend a good campsite suitable for a motorhome for the days before the WSC when we cannot camp on site please. Needs to be close to shops/civilisation, yet close enough to ride to Stromlo. If any campsites have wi-fi access that would be a benefit, but if not somewhere near...
  16. U

Thanks for the info. Sounds like I should plan for roughly 12hrs of lighting. Some UK events have ~6hrs darkness but one has 18hrs, so this shouldn't be too bad :)
  17. U

Roadtrip suggestions

Thanks for the tips everyone, Nowra area sounds perfect and in a good pace for us. We are staying in Manly, so will check out the Manly dam area as well. We had thought about going to the Blue Mountains, is there much good riding there? It is certainly XC and Road that I am interested in...
  18. U

darkness hours? Is anyone able to give me an idea of how much darkness there will be and a rough idea of when lights become mandatory? In the UK it tends to be roughly 1hr prior to official sunset time, but changes depending on weather conditions and light levels. Need to know how many...
  19. U

Roadtrip suggestions

We are travelling to Australia in September/October to compete in the 24hr WSC in Canberra. Before the race we have a week or so where I am looking to get in some good riding and would like some suggestions of good areas to setup. Ideally looking for 2 locations that have good MTB and road...
  20. U

"World 24hr Champs"

I'm from the UK and can assure you that no one from the UK considers the German 24hr to be a "World Championship". I've actually never heard of the German race before, yet have known about the 24hrs of adrenaline "World Champs" for 10 years or so.