Search results

1. brendonj

Increasing 12 speed durability - 9 speed conversion??

Ok - i am flying a kite here. I really want to increase the durability of my 11 and 12 speed drivetrain. Like the range, but happy to sacrifice closeness of gear ratios - actually would prefer increased gaps for one of my bikes. thinking 8 or 9 speed. I need to keep the derailleur for the...
  2. brendonj

Why Ebikes have small front chainrings?

Anyone know? You can pedal up hills in a couple gears higher. Wouldn’t they need bigger front rings? Or is it so they can’t go too fast? ;)
  3. brendonj

Looking for a local frame builder

Hi All, Any one have suggestions who i can talk to about getting a custom frame built? Am building an aluminium dual suspension frame using the front triangle from a hard tail. Appreciate any help.
  4. brendonj

QLD SOLD - FSA Gravity Wheelset on Shimano Saint and Zee Hubs - 20 Front / 135x12 Rear

Item: Wheelset - FSA Gravity Rims on a Shimano Hubs Location: Everton Park Brisbane Item Condition: New Reason for selling: Built as a spare wheelset for a Giant Reign X. Never used it. Sold the bike since. Have other spare wheelsets, so no need to keep it. Price and price conditions: $350...
  5. brendonj

Old or broken rear shock

Item: Old or Broken shock - air shock most likely to do the job Location: I am in Brisbane, but happy to pay postage Willing to pay: $5 - $10 Extra info: just chasing a few materials and the air valve from the shock. Don't really want a shock that still has life in it. Prefer they get put...
  6. brendonj

QLD SOLD - Genuine 2006 Giant Reign X - Pre-production. Fox 40, Fox DHX Air, XT, X0...

Item: 2006 Giant Reign X - Pre-Production Frame Location: Brisbane (Everton Park) Item Condition: Well used Reason for selling: Don't use it -moved on to MX Price and price conditions: $920 ono Extra Info: A. Description 2006 (?) Pre-production Giant Reign X - Jarod Rando prototype as...
  7. brendonj

QLD SOLD - 26" Spank Subrosa Evo / Nukeproof / Dabomb DH 20mm/150mm Wheelset - New

Item: Downhill Wheelset - Spank Subrosa Evo Rims, Nukeproof Generate 20mm Front Hub, Dabomb Headspin 150mm Rear Hub Location: Brisbane (Everton Park) Item Condition: New - just been laced up Reason for selling: Getting out of Downhill Price and price conditions: $350 Extra Info: Wheels...
  8. brendonj

QLD SOLD - New Maxxis DH Tyres - Minnion 2.5, Swamp Thing 2.5, High Roller 2.7

Item: New Maxxis Downhill Tyres - Minnion 2.5, Swamp Thing 2.5, High Roller 2.7. All Super Tacky and Dual Ply Location: Brisbane (Everton Park) Item Condition: New - probably about 1 year old Reason for selling: Sold my DH bike - moved on to MX Price and price conditions: $80 for all three...
  9. brendonj

Tune Codes

Bit frustrated that I can't find any info on what the tune codes on the new CTD fox shocks mean. I tried contacting the distributor (in Oz) and got nothing back. Any one got any other suggestions or info sources I can use?
  10. brendonj

SOLD Demo 8 wheelset - Mavic 721 on Specialized Hubs - 135 x 10 rear (Brisbane)

Item: Demo 8 wheelset (Rear is offset - see explanation below) Location: Brisbane (Everton Park) Item Condition: Used, but in pretty good condition Reason for selling: Spare, not used anymore, sold the bike Price and price conditions: $240 + postage Extra Info: Mavic 721 rims on...
  11. brendonj

Fails for 2013

So upon reflection these are a few of the dumb things asked / stated / inferred / acted that I can recall from 2013. Note that I have used some poetic licence and summarised a variety of situations. 1. Strava is accurate. Ok so many of you would know this is far from the truth already. But...
  12. brendonj

SOLD - QLD - Custom Specialized Demo 8 (medium) with 888 Evo Ti Forks

Item: 2006 Specialized Demo 8 Location: Brisbane (northside) Item Condition: Used Reason for selling: Getting out of DH for a while Price and price conditions: SOLD Extra Info: Bike is in really good condition. Although it is a 2006 model it has had limited riding. Custom paint job...
  13. brendonj

Recommend me some grips that can stand the heat

So the story is that the grips on my commuter keep falling apart. The problem is that I dont have an enclosure to put it in, and the safest place is in sight of a security camera with limited shade from some nearby bushes. Consequently my grips are lucky to last 3 months before going all mushy...
  14. brendonj

Toowoomba Sunshine MTB DH race shuttles

Does anyone know how the shuttles will work at Toowoomba this weekend. I am wondering how the road works will affect things and how many practice runs I will end up getting. I hope the club has a plan. Can any one comment to give me some confidence I will get more than one practice run on Sunday?
  15. brendonj

10 speed with 9 speed derailleur

So I am about 3 years behind everyone else and am looking to convert the rear of my DH bike to 10 speed (actually 6 cogs of 10 speed). I have a X0 9 speed rear derailleur and a spare brand new X9 also (hence I am keen to use the existing derailleurs). So can I simply change the shifter...
  16. brendonj

2014 Specialized Demo!

JUST KIDDING! :heh: Overhauled 2006 Specialized Demo Shock: Fox DHX 5 with customing tuning for increased damping Fork: 2010 Marzocchi 888 RC3 Evo Ti Bars: Nukeproof 800 Stem: Nukeproof direct 40 mm Headset: Canecreek S8 Grips: ODI lock-ons Seat & Post: Specialized Brakes: Avid...
  17. brendonj

Can anyone help me remember?

So, the story is I went for a ride yesterday after noon and must have had a crash of some sort and hit my head pretty good. Was riding at Bunyaville, off the Jinker track on the "nutcracker" track. I turned up at home at about 5pm with some bad amnesia and spent the night in hospital under...
  18. brendonj

Damaged or destroyed rear derailleur/s

Item: Damaged or destroyed rear derailleur - preferably SRAM, but Shimano can work Location: Anywhere! Will pay shipping. Price range/Willing to Pay: Not heaps, but depends on what still works. Extra Info: Bottom line is I am chasing the spring that goes inside the knuckle for a SRAM rear...
  19. brendonj

SRAM X0/X9/X7 Derailleur Springs

Just chasing the main spring for short cage XO rear derailleurs. I figure that X0 to X7 should fit. Model type is the older style 9 speed. I broke one spring on the weekend and had a spare derailleur that I swapped with a mate a few months back when his spring broke. So essentially I now...
  20. brendonj

Asssies Dominate World 24 hr!

Stella effort by Aussies. Not just Jason English and Jessica Douglas, but also on some wins in the others categories Results at http://www.durt.com.au/