SOLD Demo 8 wheelset - Mavic 721 on Specialized Hubs - 135 x 10 rear (Brisbane)

brendonj

Likes Dirt
Item: Demo 8 wheelset (Rear is offset - see explanation below)
Item Condition: Used, but in pretty good condition
Reason for selling: Spare, not used anymore, sold the bike
Price and price conditions: $240 + postage

Extra Info:
Mavic 721 rims on Specialized hubs. This wheelset came off an older Demo 8. So front hub is 20 mm, but rear is 135 with a 10 mm axles.
Because the older Demos have an offset rear subframe (Specialized did this to make the wheel stronger), the rim does not sit in the middle across the hub. So the rear rim will only really suit another Demo of the same era.
Rims are in pretty good condition - straight and no significant dings (rear has on or two small flat spots). A few scratches - worst is shown in the photos.
Hubs are in good condition, bearings appear in good condition - are smooth to turn by hand. Rear hub includes axle bolts. Can include the derailleur protector if you want it - but please specify this.
36 spokes for both wheels.

Pictures: Yes.

Iphone 034.jpgIphone 035.jpg

Last edited:

brendonj

Likes Dirt
Open to offers.
Also will consider adjusting the rear wheel to fit other frames - so let me know if you are interested.

brendonj

Likes Dirt
Some extra photos of what I have called "flat" spots. There are 3 which are really just minor dings. Also a couple of photos of the derailleur protector. (Ignore the missing rim tape - I was checking the spoke situation out - will be put back once sold)

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg