Search results

1. B

Merida Big Nine 3000 v's Lapierre Pro Race 729 Shootout - fire away(both Carbon HT's)

Went for long ride on Alu HT last week and now thinking of sticking with a HT but going Carbon. Considering these two and although haven't got down to nitty gritty price they are basically same price range...
  2. B

Calling Tech/Spec Geeks! Advice

I currently own this bike http://www.merida.com.au/2012-bikes/mtb-hardtail-29/big-nine-lite/big-nine-lite-3000-d.htm and want to buy this bike http://www.merida-bikes.com/en_int/bikes/detail?id=31 With the intent on turning the full suspension into my XC racing bike (I'm not fast, just fun...
  3. B

Commuting wear on MTB tyres??

20k return commute to work, mostly on smooth bitumum bike path. Not keen on buying a second set of wheels or swapping tyres all the time if I can avoid it - do MTB tyres wear quicker than slicks anyway when ridden on bitumum. in other words, even if I buy a second set of wheels and that...
  4. B

Carbon Frames Pro's and Cons (durability/damage resistance)

Just specifically looking at at the durability of carbon, not the comfort, stiffness etc.... So those with Carbon or those with an opinion. What say you about Carbon frames. Do the stone chip easily? I've got a few spots on my Alu frame where big stones have been thrown up. Is there a...
  5. B

Pedals/Cleats (Shoes) for leg length difference and quick exit

I've a leg length difference and currently run an aluminimum block 6mm thick between my SPD cleat and shoe. Problem is, it gets really hard to quickly click out - which I like to be able to do in order not to crash. It's also really hard to get back in... Does anyone have any suggestions...
  6. B

how much rotor rub if any is normal?

Tell me how much rotor rub do you think is normal and acceptable if any. I'm currently at the point where there is a just a light twing twice on every revolution. I played around with truing the rotor itself and it fixed almost all the problem, but still just two little spots. People I...
  7. B

Abbreviations

XC = Cross Country XCO = ? XCC = ? Are there any others that we could perhaps put in the FAQ's section for new folks to understand what everyone is talking about?
  8. B

Seat Height, how to set - compared to road

I've got set up on road bikes for years and have no problems there. My last hard tail mountain bike I set the seat 1cm lower - no real reason other then a bit or room to move I guess. I'm getting a dual suspension and just wondering, what seat height should I set it to (after taking into...
  9. B

Highland Fling Full Fling + Bunanoon Dash Available

HI, Sadly I can't race so will have to offer my entry to someone who can. I have entered the Full Fling, and the Bundanoon Dash the night before. I also paid for Carbon Offset so total cost is $134 but will transfer to someone for $120. I guess the only fair way to do it is to give the...