Search results

1. M

Odd question - crying in 24 hour races

An odd thing, yes, it probably is because I am a wuss..... Each time I have done a 24 and not had a sleep I have ended up crying somewhere between 1 and 4am. I have no idea why although the question of why am I here and what was I thinking entering this... is strong at that time. It happens...
  2. M

Taree Choc Foot Race

Having never ridden anywhere near taree... What is the track surface like? Sandy / rocks...? Any info from Taree locals would be appreciated
  3. M

Coondoo Rd Track?

Am going in the nexxt single track mind race at nowra, the description on their site says it is fairly flat but not too much more What sort of surface is it? - rocky like Stromlo or smoothish like most pine forests...? What sort of lap times are expected? - or what times happen at club...
  4. M

Physics question - about brakes

My '26er' stopped faster than my 29er - by quite a bit. (I did search but found nothing on this) 1, Is this normal? 2, If it is normal - why? The brake levers, calipers, rotors... were taken off the small wheel bike and put on the 29er so that stuff is all the same. *I use 180mm...
  5. M

Geurie race times? Correct?

Does anyone know if the times for races on this website are correct? - 2pm sunday june 5th for a 3 hour race - and then the same start time for a 3 or 6 hour on August 7. http://www.cworbc.org.au/geurie-mtb-racing/ Just wondering - I would like to enter but Sunday finishing at 5 or...
  6. M

29er frame size compared to 26er frame sizes

I am thinking of moving to a 29er - someone told me that people ride smaller frames on 29ers than 26 - that a 29er has a longer top tube than a same sized 26inch. Is this correct? (I ask because I am 6'6 and have a 22inch HT with 26 inch wheels and the XTC and anthem which seem to be great...
  7. M

Orange MTB Club Social Ride

If you live near Orange (central west nsw) we are having a social ride on April 24 starting at 9am. It is not a race, there is no entry fee... it is a chance for people who ride there or would like to - to have a guided ride around the Kinross Forest tracks. In the last year we have seen the...
  8. M

What does Jebus ride?

I know it is the rider not the bike - but I am tallish - like Jebus, and after the 24 WSC I am thinking of converting to 29ers - was wondering what he rides?
  9. M

Ideal race weight? How do you work it out?

There is lots of info / advertising on weight loss but how do you work out what weight is best for racing (enduro particularly)? If I can loose weight easily or put it on, how do I determine what weight is going to be healthy and fastest for racing? I would love any links / references to...