Search results

1. H

Avid juicy ultimate lever body advice

Hi, I have a set of Avid juicy ultimates on my hardtail. On my ride in to work this morning I reached for the front barake and found that there was no power at all, there was no resistance whatsoever. I looked at the lever when I got the chance and the pin that the lever hinges on was missing...
  2. H

2011 Dirt Works 100km NSW - Entries open tomorrow.

Cyclenation short video Just incase you're interested there's a short video of the event here http://vimeo.com/23194777 Had to miss out this year due to work commitments :( but will be back again next year (work permitting). Only ever ridden it in the dry so the wet trail conditions would've...
  3. H

The James Williamson Enduro Challenge 2011

I'm in. A fitting tribute to the late James Williamson, great trails and with funds going into the development of the sport, what more could you want from an event.. Can't wait in fact.
  4. H

Post Your XC Machine

That Charge Duster looks real nice, I saw a lot of them around Manchester, UK before leaving in Sept 08. They make really great riding frames from what I've heard... I'd be interested to hear a ride report...?:)
  5. H

Post your 29er!

Thanks Bodin, really is a simple bike, skinny tubes as cromo, rides well and springs out of corners, although rocky trails are hard work riding rigid. My mistake re the bb7s, thanks for pointing out.
  6. H

Post your 29er!

Haro Mary SS Here's a bit about my 29er, Haro Mary singlespeed 18in, cromo frame & fork, came with Ritchey flat bars and stem but swapped these out for wider Eastons, Stylo cranks and avid bb7 discs, wheels are wtb laserdiscs with Kenda Nevegals.
  7. H

New Fixed for a short commute and the pub run.

nice nice nice Very nice bike you have there! Looks like a lot of work went into getting that to how you want it... you'll be the coolest cat on the ride home from the pub!
  8. H

Australian Single Speed Championship 2010

Was this the event that took place at Awaba last year? Wanted to make it but couldn't, keen to make it along this year.......
  9. H

Bikes I own - Santa Cruz Superlight, Haro Mary SS 29er, Specialiazed Allez Comp

Superlight pictures Here are some pictures taken today, I have managed to get hold of some white 100mm SID team forks which will replace the existing Super Blacks. Hope photos come out at a viewable size after my last effort! New to all this.
  10. H

Foot pain in Enduros

I've experienced the same with newish shoes. The pain you're experiencing is most likely due to your feet swelling during the ride as they heat up, putting pressure on the nerves in your foot around the area of your cleats. As a first step make sure the velcro strap nearest your toes is not...
  11. H

Picture is from Dirtworks 09, bike has changed slightly since this shot was taken. Will take some better ones and post up soon.
  12. H

Thought it was about time to post up my bikes: Frame - Santa Cruz Superlight (anodized blue) Rear shock - Fox RP23 Front shock/fork - Manitou Super Blacks 120mm (want to replace these for something stiffer) Handlebars - EA70 cut down to 580mm Stem - Thomson 100mm Headset - FSA Grips -...
  13. H

2010 Giro d'Italia Thread Ufficiale

Great week of racing Great first week of racing in the Giro, lead changing hands, crashes, rain, wind, TT and TTT and even mud! :) Great to see. If you don't catch the highlights check out Graham Watson's website for race photography which captures some of the action. Heading to the Alps this...
  14. H

Getting to Sydney Airport with a bike box, know of any taxi companies?

Hey, I'm in need of some advice! I am travelling to Adelaide to take part in the Mutual Community Challenge, riding the Friday stage before the real cyclists in the tour down under come through. I need to get me and my bike (which will be boxed up) from Manly to Sydney Airport at 5am in the...