Search results

1. markyh990

2013 Giro d'Italia Thread Ufficiale

On a bit of a side note, I see Santini Australia are running a pretty sweet giro competition on their Facebook page and at my local store
  2. markyh990

Scared to ride a road bike on the road?

Get a hope district rear light, if anyone hits you with that, its certainly not your fault
  3. markyh990

MTB to Road - New Bike Advice

Really what ever you buy is going to be a good bike. There really isn't such thing as a bad bike anymore, there are just really good ones and great ones. SRAMs great, Ultegra and 105 are also fantastic, but di2 is that good, and worth the extra cash if you can. You just need to find a good bike...
  4. markyh990

Orbea Occam 29 or Tallboy thoughts and owner input required

I think the tallboy would be a little relaxed for racing, where the occam could be more suited. But as you said it is pretty long, but in reality a more race orientated bike is always going to be a little longer than a more AM bike like the tallboy so it's a decision you'll have to make. I'm not...
  5. markyh990

Post your 29er!

I have one and have done a couple of 6 hours enduros since new, and a few shorter ones. I've been feeling the same after the ride compared to my 26 anthem on smoother courses, obviously the rougher ones you can't compare a hardtail and dually. I don't really buy into the whole compliance thing...
  6. markyh990

VIC 2012 Chase The Sun series

I emailed ks at fullgas . . . . . on the 19th of August. Is this the right address or should I be emailing someone else? Thanks in advance
  7. markyh990

I've been trying to get a refund for a while. I had to get a refund from Big Hill Events for a event they moved and received it the next day after I emailed. I've emailed FGP and have heard nothing back, its pretty disappointing really.
  8. markyh990

VIC VES Round 8 - 23rd Sept 2012 - Burn the fat! - GWS Anderson Scout Camp - Officer

Dickie road, which you can enter off either end, one from officer and one from upper beaconsfeild
  9. markyh990

What is my bike worth if i sold it now?

I reakon you'd be doing well to get over a grand There is a template out there, it works out getting roughly 40%-50% back on RRP for a bike 12 months old. It obviously varies greatly but thats the numbers you should be looking at, people value a warranty over a cheap bike more and more.
  10. markyh990

VIC VES Round 8 - 23rd Sept 2012 - Burn the fat! - GWS Anderson Scout Camp - Officer

I road officer today and the tracks look great, there is no way it will be anything like this years rock hop. Its a course that's going to be hard on brakes, at least for the lesser skilled like me anyway. My bike is not overly muddy from riding there either, its not a sticky mud and my...
  11. markyh990

Enve wheels

I have a pair of Gravity Zero carbon clinchers on my highball and I can mirror what everyone has said about the Enve wheels. They are soo stiff and strong, its a far more plush making the ride more comfortable in my opinion. I had a pair of crests and kept folding them, and lost all confidence...
  12. markyh990

S-Works Epic 29er

For 10k i'd want it to weight 5 kgs and come with someone to turn the pedals for me
  13. markyh990

Rules of the road..

I ride around berwick 3 or 4 times a week front and back lights with no problems, just the odd flog but nothing that's made me scared, what roads are you on? there are plenty of quiet roads around the area if your struggling with the busy ones. In my experience respect the roads and their users...
  14. markyh990

29er wheels

I had a pair of crests, which are hands down the worst wheel I have ever used, maybe I got a bad batch, but they are just too flexy and weak for a 29er. Maybe they work in certain situations, but as a everyday wheel where I don't wanna chicken out of lines due to risk of failing I don't think...
  15. markyh990

Giant XTC 29 Composite - differing magazine reviews?

Don't think about it too much, if your going to be sore after 100 Kay's your going to be sore. They are all pretty similar I've found. It comes down more to your contact points, psi's and suspension set up that can make a difference IMO. All reviews seem to contradict themselves so I thinks it's...
  16. markyh990

Armstrong Charged with Doping

I never said anything about hating him, lance would probably be my favourite cyclist, spent many nights up all night watching that guy ride
  17. markyh990

His major rivals and even his team mates have admitted to doping, and lance somehow found a way to win clean? Its how cycling used to be, read the stories about the ones who have came out. I'm not saying doping would have won him the tour, just levelled the playing field with his rivals
  18. markyh990

Just charge him and be over with it, we all know its true
  19. markyh990

Two Peter Kutschera's? Can I put my self up a place?
  20. markyh990

neck soreness

1. Get a bike fit 2. Get fit and stronger through the core 3. Failing all that, your going to have to move to a dually