Armstrong Charged with Doping

brettjon

Likes Bikes
Just charge him and be over with it, we all know its true
Well thought out response... well said.....

I'll be very interested to see this unfold, hopefully with a final decision this time and not another inquiry from yet another inquiring body....

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
At the end of the day what do we know? We get fed shit all day & don't really know what's going on. But eventually hopefully the truth comes out.
It's like let's invade Iraq. It's got lots of WOMD .... In the end, I can be accused of believing the shit that gets fed to us on the daily basis
Or that Thomson guy. Guilty as charged or is he Getting set up by Unions. It's starting to look more & more that way. Although I'll reserve my judgement Until later.

Armstrong is a hero. I like to believe in fairy tales. I want a hero. I want to believe in his hard earned victories.

The worry for me is that these accusations just aren't going away. But I'm really getting tired of the bulshit.

I'm also tired of just having blind faith. Thats what religion is for. Not sport. If you've done the hard yards you deserve the win. But only then.

Stan's bus rant's since 2011. Now on 4S

markyh990

Likes Dirt
His major rivals and even his team mates have admitted to doping, and lance somehow found a way to win clean? Its how cycling used to be, read the stories about the ones who have came out. I'm not saying doping would have won him the tour, just levelled the playing field with his rivals

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Interesting its only the u.s. drug body who is charging him.

If he passed all the doping controls then he is innocent until PROVEN guilty. I dont think we can rely on testimonials from landis and hamilton, off all people.

willsy01

Eats Squid
His major rivals and even his team mates have admitted to doping, and lance somehow found a way to win clean? Its how cycling used to be, read the stories about the ones who have came out. I'm not saying doping would have won him the tour, just levelled the playing field with his rivals
So you're accusation is based solely on hearsay and conjecture? I guess those are kinds of evidence......

Thank you Mr Hutz...

Anarchist

Likes Dirt
I hope he didn't. But why would you believe the stories of those people who admitted to doping then called out their rivals. Yep, that is credible.

It would be terrible for the entire sport including MTB if he was found guilty. Like it or not, Lance's TDF wins put the sport on the map in so many ways. In Australia, Cadel boosted the exposure of the sport too, but worldwide its Armstrong that gets the attention. Either way the haters will still hate him and claim that he was a cheat no matter what the outcome of these allegations are.

markyh990

Likes Dirt
I never said anything about hating him, lance would probably be my favourite cyclist, spent many nights up all night watching that guy ride

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Performance enhancing drugs................ Do these drug test people consider things like Powerade or Red Bull or plain old sugar an enhancer? You can't deny that drinking some sort of energy drink has a certain enhancement effect in some instances yet things like that are acceptable? A banana gives me energy and I may beat the guy next to me because I had one extra bit of energy...................... To me, the whole doping allegation thing is a joke and they'd be spending a ton of time and money on something that means bugger all to me. I do not watch the sports that have headlines about drug cheats more often than headlines about some dude riding a good race, that isn't entertaining and it isn't of interest.

jumpers

Likes Dirt
Pretty damning rap sheet.......USADA are going to look like bumbling idiots if none of it sticks.
Bloody oath

Strange that usada can find all this evidence yet recent fbi, wada, uci investigation couldnt find evidence. How can they find it all now and not when lance actually riding? Be interesting to see who the witnesses are

Last edited:

willsy01

Eats Squid
Strange that usada can find all this evidence yet recent fbi, wada, uci investigation couldnt find evidence. How can they find it all now and not when lance actually riding?
Yeah this is the thing I don't get. All those other bodies can't find anything, yet the USDA seems to think they're above and beyond them.......my Spidey sense is telling me it will go the same way as the FBI with their case against Megaupload.

Garrath

Likes Dirt
Do we really want to witness the carnage of a guilty verdict. I'm not sure I do. While I believe he is guilty, I also believe most of the peleton is guilty as well. I would call that a level playing field.

Love him or hate him, Lance has done a fantastic job of promoting cycling outside of Europe. It would be a shame to see that go to waste.

I understand that the current charges relate to events of 2009/10, which may not have been covered by earlier investigations. This was what was reported by one of SBS's cycling gurus.

It is good to see that the fun and games of the tour de france is starting a little earlier than usual this year. Almost as good as the old days when you would wake to find out who had been booted, who had been searched and all the other soap opera games of a god TdF race :)

workmx

Banned
Yeah this is the thing I don't get. All those other bodies can't find anything, yet the USDA seems to think they're above and beyond them.......
I beleive that the USADA has jurisdication over this case.

John Fahey did says in his interview this morning that the WADA and USADA are working together on this case.