Search results

1. L

Best Deal You Ever Got Online.

Hi everyone, Thought I try to start a thread where you can tell of the best online bargin you've had, and any positive feedback on companys who have been good to deal with. Here's my best, Crank Brothers Opium DH wheelset, $550. Where? CRC. When ? about a year ago. They're pimped out...
  2. L

Banshee Australia Affected By Q.L.D Flood Disaster.

Just heard from Darren Bowman, the Australian Distributor of Banshee Bikes (Barspin Imports) in Australia. Unfortunately Darren is located in Auchenflower which is one of the suburbs most affected by the Brisbane River flood disaster. According to Darren it will take some time to re-establish...
  3. L

Scott Gambler headset advice

Does anyone know if you have to use the Scott branded head-set for the Gambler or can you use any brand, I haven't actually got the frame yet (next week) but according to Scott , they don't actually stipulate whether you HAVE to use their head set, they just say they're available in 1/8 reducers...
  4. L

Helicoil questions.

I've stripped the post-mount hole on my 36er's adjusting my brakes. I've never used a helicoil so knowing jack about it I've decided to ask anyone who's in the know. Can any one tell me 1. The size of the drill bit I have to use to drill it out 2. The size of the...
  5. L

Anyone had problems with preload ring???

Just wondering if anyone has gone to undo their preload ring to change springs for eg. and found that they can't move it? Has any one encountered binding of the threads between the shock body and ring?? I'm wondering how common an occourance this is.
  6. L

Flats for big feet

I'm looking for some flats with a large platform, I've got size 13 feet so they gotta be big, Ideally cold forged, concaved,sealed bearings(no bushes) plenty'o'pins, low profile would be great. Am looking at, Easton flatboys, Kona Wah Wahs, Truvativ holzfella's, straitlines, and Shimano DX's...
  7. L

Australian All Mountain Championship???

Just wondering.....There are a lot of guys on long travel, pedalable bikes these days - 6 inches and beyond, and there are a lot of races for DH, XC Enduro 4X etc....does any one know if there is an All Mountain Championship in Australia? I've heard of the odd Super D here & there but nothing...
  8. L

A Positive Story About A Broken Bike

About a Month and a half ago I,(my Friend) discovered a crack in the downtube junction of my beloved Banshee Rune...I was gutted and the tales of a hundred Web Warranty Horror stories started to echo in my mind as I came to the realisation that I was a gonna!!! and I would have to buy a new...
  9. L

Howdy...

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm still in my 30's (just) I ride for fun and the challenge of learning new skills....I'm an all mountain rider, but I do a lot of riding...about 500kms a week on my 6 inch Banshee Rune, I am running a Elka Stage 5 coily onit with the customary Talas 36, saint...