Search results

1. oldstinky75

QLD Ragley Mmmbop SOLD

Item: 2021 Ragley Mmmbop medium Location: Brisbane Item Condition: used Reason for selling: funding for extreme bushwalking paraphernalia Price and price conditions: 1600 De Niros Extra Info: 2021 Ragley Mmmbop. Used but in good condition. Purchased at the beginning of the year and rode...
  2. oldstinky75

Full Face found

Item: Full face helmet Location: Brisbane Condition: New to newish. Not looking for a busted arse relic that's been hiding in the shed. Extra info: Looking for a large depending on make. Head circumference 57cm. Local sale only.
  3. oldstinky75

Rear wheel

Item: 26" 135 mm quick release Location: Ye old Brisbane town Price: Depends Extra info: Require something substantial for my Specialized Enduro. Not ready to give the old girl up yet. Cassette and tyre not required
  4. oldstinky75

Mavic crossmax 2008

Item: Hub adapters to convert 20mm to 15 mm Cost: Whatever sounds reasonable Extra info: Any information you guys would care to share on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
  5. oldstinky75

Hardtail fork options

Not sure where to post this but was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of what the maximum travel forks are suitable for a Charge Blender? Have looked all over the googlemaphone but cant find anything specific. It's currently set up with marz dj but I'd like to run something with a bit more...
  6. oldstinky75

Importance of correct fork oil wt

Was thinking of servicing my Rockshox solo air R recently when I noticed in the service manual that I needed 2 different fork oil weights, 5 for the upper and 15 for the lowers. Is the type of oil weight crucial, in that the wrong one will affect performance or reduce longevity?
  7. oldstinky75

Online anonymity

Recently my children of 9 and 11 were playing an online game when it was brought to my attention that another member went by the name of pedobear, which confusingly got my children's interest. So it got me thinking, is it okay to hide behind a username and remain anonymous when becoming involved...
  8. oldstinky75

Speeding fine

Is it possible to avoid paying a sppeding fine? Recently I was clocked 3.9 km over in a 50 zone. I understand the seriousness of my reckless crime, terrrorizing the neighbourhood with the carelessness of an outlaw bikie. And not a minute goes by where I'm not eternally greatefull that I wasn't...
  9. oldstinky75

Calling all Mechanics

So I take the Subaru Impreza (automatic) for a service recently and I receive a call from the mechanic saying the throtle body needs dismantling and cleaning to which I say sure. I pick the car up and drive home no problems. The next day the Mrs takes the car for a drive and informs me it is...
  10. oldstinky75

elixer

Hey guys. I'm chasing some pads for avid elixers. Sintered or ceramic, not too fussy. Cheers.
  11. oldstinky75

Commencal 2008 mini dh

Hey burners. Can anyone help me out with a sizing chart or does someone know the actual measurements for these bad boys. I've been scouring the googlemaphone for answers but cant find anything relating to 2008 and now my brain feels fuzzy. Cheers.
  12. oldstinky75

Green Orange 223

Has anyone in Brisbane or surrounding areas had a 223 stolen? Came across this on Ebay and thought it looked a bit sus, http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/ORANGE-BIKES-223-DH-DOWNHILL-MOUNTAIN-BICYCLE-GREEN-2003-04-/170747429451?pt=AU_Sport_Cycling_Bikes&hash=item27c157024b
  13. oldstinky75

Bomber 55 r service tips!

Hey burners. I need some help. After searching the forums here and trawling the googlemaphone I cant find any manuals or instructions on how to service and maintain my 2008 bombers. Even the 'zocchi website is no help as they have every other service manual except the one I need. If anyone has a...
  14. oldstinky75

For sale section improvement

Hey burners. Does anyone think the for sale section could do with a bit of improvement, particularly the inclusion of a watch list or something similar. I'm currently looking at purchasing another bike and I find it frustrating to keep scrolling through the pages to compare bikes that I'm...
  15. oldstinky75

Shimano rear mech. Which one??

Has anyone got any suggestions for a 9 spd derailer suitable for Dh use and abuse? I'm unsure of what type will give me best performance for the best price, without falling apart. What are some things I need to think about? Will the size of my chainring make a difference? If anyone's got any...
  16. oldstinky75

Looking for a club to join in Brissy

Can anyone suggest a club to join that would suit an ageing dher? I've had a bit of a look around but haven't found any that offer much in the way of downhill social rides. The club at Ashgrove Cycles seems to be the best pick. If anyone can steer me in the right direction that would be much...
  17. oldstinky75

Where have all the dh tracks gone???

Hi. Can anyone tell me where I can hit some decent dh tracks around Brissy. I've just gotten back into riding after having a break for a few years and cant seem to find anywhere to ride. Last time I was on a bike you could ride some decent tracks on Mt Cootha. The only place I've been riding so...