Search results

1. F

Eumeralla area of the Great Otway National Park- MTB User Survey

Hi everyone, If you live and/or ride regularly in the Anglesea area of Victoria please see below; Attention riders in the Anglesea area of Victoria- we need your input. As part of a trail auditing and consultancy project for Parks Victoria we are undertaking a user survey focused on the...
  2. F

Dirt Jump/Pump Track Facility, Frankston Victoria

Our company Dirt Art are currently undertaking a design and consultancy contract for a dirt jump/pump track facility in Frankston Victoria. As part of this project we are undertaking an online survey for potential users. If you live in or around this area please get involved by completing the...
  3. F

The Big Bend Trail concept- Tasmania

For 7 years Tasmanian- based trail company Dirt Art have been pushing the concept of developing a dedicated mountain bike route from the pinnacle of Mt Wellington (Tasmania) down into Glenorchy MTB Park over 1000 vertical metres below. It is now time for action- the document below outlines our...
  4. F

Ballarat region- your chance to have a say

Hi Everyone, My company Dirt Art have been engaged by DSE to undertake an audit of the trails in Nerinna, Black Hill and Mt Clear. As part of this process we are undertaking a community consultation to gauge feedback from you guys on local trail management and development. We are hosting a...
  5. F

Mt Buller National Round Jan 20-22

Just a heads up for all you downhillers- MTBA is offering you a free entry to the Delatite Super D if you enter the Mt Buller National Round. Delatite is a 9km+ fire trail descent that will definitely get you grinning. This includes a shuttle for one practice and one race run. Enter now at...
  6. F

Are you a young film maker producing top quality videos? Dirt Art needs you...

Dirt Art are looking for a video guru to help us transform footage of our projects into short promo videos. There may also be some filming work around the place, but often you would just be supplied raw data. Preferably you will be; a young up and comer, stoked on producing MTB films, and keen...
  7. F

follow MTBA on Facebook

MTBA has joined the Facebook world. Search for Mountain Bike Australia and get on board for World Cup/Champs coverage, National Series venue info and more. Cheers, Simon
  8. F

Bicheno Dirt Jump Facility- a few shots

A bit of a peek at the new Bicheno (Tasmania) Dirt Jump Facility... Simon @ Dirt Art
  9. F

pocket pump track

Just a quick peak at a little pocket pump track we finished last week...9x18m without 180deg corners, and it's possible to jump through the whole things including corner to corner. Multiple transition/transfer lines to allow direction changes from any angle/direction. Should be open soon- just...
  10. F

MTBA AGM- presidential vote

Hi everyone, As many of you would know the MTBA AGM is now open for voting, I have put my hat in the ring for President. For those that do not know me I have been involved with MTBA for many years as an elite rider, rider representative and more recently as the National Series Technical...
  11. F

Van Dieman Brewing Company Wellington Super D 2011- entries now open

We've had lots of emails lately about the event and entries- now finally we are open for business... Entries are open now- current cap is 250 with significant interest, so enter now to avoid missing out. Online entry only. Head to https://www.registernow.com.au/mtba/ERegister.aspx?E=556 to...
  12. F

Jayco MTBA National Series hits Glenorchy MTB Park December 10-12th

This December 10th-12th the Jayco MTBA National Series rolls into Glenorchy MTB Park for a stacked weekend of racing across downhill, cross country, four cross and short course cross country formats. Glenorchy is a rider favorite on an already reduced schedule, so expect bigger entry numbers and...
  13. F

SUPER-D Mt Wellington Tasmania...entries now open

February 6-7th will see the launch of the inaugural Wellington Super-D in Tasmania. The race will see mass-start groups launch down fire trail and singletrack through close to 1000m of vertical elevation. The trail is a mix of fast and slow speed terrain with some sections where a top speed of...
  14. F

Cycling Australia axes MTB program- great move guys...

Instead of improving support, particularly for gravity riders (where Australia has some of the worlds best in all disciplines) Cycling Australia axes it's MTB program- a really wise move for immediate release Cycling Australia winds up MTB High Performance Program Cycling Australia...
  15. F

Dirt Jump Comp- Nationals Rnd 1

Hey guys, just a heads up that we'll be running a dirt jump comp over the Glenorchy Nationals weekend on some pretty mint trails- see pics below. Sponsored by Dirt Art with support from Ride Bellerive and Track-X there will be cash and other prizes. Details below: CLASSES: under 18 and...
  16. F

MTBA feedback survey- DH racers

Hi guys, My name is Simon and I'm the current MTBA downhill riders representative. MTBA have been in discussion about the value of body armour and other protective equipment and would appreciate feedback from DH racers. Please take a minute to comment on the following pieces of safety...
  17. F

New public jump trails- Tassie

The past few weeks Dirt Art have been overhauling the Glenorchy Bike Park in Tassie. As part of this the dirt jump park has been totally redesigned and rebuilt. The finished product is chock full of hips, berms, rollers, bowls and a big trick set- proving that public trails can be built to a...
  18. F

TAS Trail care/trail building register

Hi all, I'm trying to coordinate a central register of people who are interested in being involved in trail care and development in Tasmania. At the moment trail work is often happening unannounced or with little advertisement. I can also use my business insurance to ensure any projects are...
  19. F

New Free-form DJ park

Thought you guys might like a look at a new DJ park we've been working on. Its a free-form concept with countless line variation, hips, berms, etc. The park has been designed for more beginner riders, but we're working on a couple of others which suit more advanced riders...
  20. F

The 2009 Tassie national round thread

The first weekend in March will see the national series bandwagon roll up to the Glenorchy mountain Bike Park Tasmania. We thought it was about time to fill you all in on new developments at the park, and start getting some hype happening for the event. This year we have a new access road and...