Search results

1. StanTheMan

XC racing - what gear?

you don't agree? It is perhaps exessive. But when it comes to punktures I'd rather be safe than sorry. I must admit when racing, Ive only ever suffered 1 burp on Mt Stromlo, where I only had 2 canisters with me. The delmour I had, do I put a tube in? or just get home, as i wasn't sure if it was...
  2. StanTheMan

XC racing - what gear?

It all depends on the type of race you are racing. how muchj water you carry is also very indiviual. I do the 24 hr team events. If I'm out for about an hr. I don't take any water. any more than (1 hr 15 estimate) I have to take water. If you are racing in 40 deg heat. I would take water...
  3. StanTheMan

DU bushings or 5 piece shaft for Fox dhx5.0 (giant glory 08)

a bunch of us converted to these 5 piece bushings when they first came available in late 2012. I paid $65 to get it installed at a LBS because the Site in Germany was taking ages to deliver them.If memory serves me correctly LBS charged about $40 for the set & $25 to install it. I ride an...
  4. StanTheMan

Bupa members 15% off

we have 25m people here in AU about 13m are insured through private health fund in one way or another. from a 2013 survey we have about 1.9m active riders in AU. http://www.cycle-helmets.com/cycling-1985-2013.html Bupa Medibank Private HCF NIB together have about 80% of the Australian Private...
  5. StanTheMan

Contact lenses

yes Ive always been a little long sighted & go cross eyed while reading to accomodate. But its gotten to a stage where I need correction. While I can still ride without glasses, looking at the small numbers on a Garmin is becoming harder in certain light conditions.
  6. StanTheMan

Contact lenses

Ive been doing a bit of research/work on C/lenses & Cycling. I'm in my late 40's & I had some c/lenses prescribed for Presbyopia. This means its an aging thing & its harder to focus for close work. So my optom got me into Mono Vision. This is one eye has distance, the other has near vision...
  7. StanTheMan

Mont 24 Hour Race 2015 - March 28-29

after putting a superb event late last year I'm surprised they haven't sold out. Its a great venue. plenty of space where you don't need to fend off idiots for your real estate. Village atmosphere is very familie orientated. Lots of fun. Food could improve.....joking ha, ha. Nothing like...
  8. StanTheMan

Mont 24 advice

what is it with the roadies hate here. They are having a go at MTBiking..... you blokes make us seem as arrogant as they are. Were better than that.
  9. StanTheMan

Cyclocross is for pussies

oops....too late. someone already said what i did
  10. StanTheMan

Brake Issues - Shimano XT M775

........and ?
  11. StanTheMan

Official Old Mans Valley MTB Park - Hornsby

Someone on Nobmob was saying the Ranger was there this week removing all the Trail closed signs Must have been Tue or Wednesday Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. StanTheMan

Mont 24 advice

Ohhh no.....LOL the wife, the cruise, The Mont 24. I smell a rat.
  13. StanTheMan

XT metal vs resin

I got my original XT 785 brakes with the Icetech metal pads. they were great. pads lasted me 4048 km. I changed them just before the scott 24 last year & got some resin pads. purely for cost reason. They were much cheaper. I don't recall where I got them from. The resin pads lasted me 2594...
  14. StanTheMan

SMH: Cyclists and the police - a question of fair treatment

I agree with rider seventy7. The way I read it, its defensive riding. Right of way for a cyclists is not garranteed. Ive been comuting just for a little while now but I recon there is more idiot riders than drivers on the road. No rider will win a game of chicken with a car , bus or truck...
  15. StanTheMan

Flat pedals or clipless for first bike?

i used flats to begin with after not riding for over 20 years. I tried the clip-less after 12 moths and haven't looked back. how do clip-less mask bad riding? I thought I became a much cleaner rider with clip-less. I did have a few slow speed stacks & some lost skin....but skin grows back
  16. StanTheMan

Dear Pretend Road Riders of Newcastle, Please Slow Down on the Ferneigh Track.

Idiot riders at a park in Newcase most likely behave the same way on the road in Newcastle as well. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. StanTheMan

Dear Pretend Road Riders of Newcastle, Please Slow Down on the Ferneigh Track.

I agree with spoon bucket. I've been commuting in Sydney. . And seriously the amount of idiot riders far outnumbers the douche drivers. The area I ride in you need to watch out for performance Audi Male Drivers. And Old ladies on roundabout. Year bike riders who are idiots perhaps have an Audi...
  18. StanTheMan

Tapered vs straight steerer

didn't yeti & those boutique style brands have tapered before Giant?
  19. StanTheMan

SCHWALBE TYRES MEGATHREAD: read this thread before posting new ones

really? on the front? maybe I'm not riding hard enough. My rear RaRa's last me about 1500km but they are practically bald & riped to shreads. I know guys who throw the RaRa's out after 600km. while I think they are still practically new. But I do have to admit when the last new set of...
  20. StanTheMan

SCHWALBE TYRES MEGATHREAD: read this thread before posting new ones

I run the sanke Skin version tubeless on the front. I ride on the Northern Beaches of Sydney & have had a few goes on Stromlo. They last me about 3000 km before the side knobs become so worn out that they have no strenth left in them. as far as grip goes, First time I used them I was so blown...