Search results

1. StanTheMan

XT metal vs resin

I got my original XT 785 brakes with the Icetech metal pads. they were great. pads lasted me 4048 km. I changed them just before the scott 24 last year & got some resin pads. purely for cost reason. They were much cheaper. I don't recall where I got them from. The resin pads lasted me 2594...
  2. StanTheMan

for Peeps in the trading section

The trading section to the members trying to sell stuff. to the clowns who don't put contact details in thier ads. Think about this. Not everyone has trading access. I don't , but have bought plenty of stuff off other members. Because most people are sensible and read thier Private...
  3. StanTheMan

Seeking Team for Scott 24 2012

Gentlemen, Unfortunately the team I have been riding with, is unable to compete at this years Scott 24. I'm looking to join another team. The team I'd like to join will be focused, committed & loyal to each member. The team will preferably be in the 40+ but I'm open to realistic...
  4. StanTheMan

Vision & Depth perception. riding with Mono Vision & contact lenses.

So...... I'm an old bugger. My vision has been good up until recently where my arms are getting too short to be able to read. I'm your typical 45 YO. who's having a midlife crisis & trying to keep up with the youngens. LOL take that in which ever way you like. Anyhow. I thought I'd share...
  5. StanTheMan

Ultimate weight wheenie

So..... we are all hopefully recovering from the Mont 24. I had my first venture out very early this morning since the Mont. Cut a long story short. I had a massive OTH this morning while I was attemting a hotlap around my local track. Luckily no broken bones or bike parts. Just lots of skin...
  6. StanTheMan

Bathurst of XC racing

most of us know about the Bathurst especially before it became part of the super V 8 standard calender. When everyone who is someone, was there racing. It was 1 race where even rivals teamed up to race to get the prestige to become the King of the Mountain. To me Bathurst is the pinnacle of...
  7. StanTheMan

Giant Rims Giant S-XC2 Sport, double wall, alloy 32H disc

Hello burners, I've got some unexpected money burning my pocket. But I was thinking of Upgrading the rims on my Anthem X The rims are the ones that came with the standard Anthem X3 2011 build. The rims have been fine but I just feel like I could lighten the bike. Does anyone know how...
  8. StanTheMan

Anthem X 2011 & X2012 fork compatable.

OK . long storie cut short. I cracked my 2011 Anthem X 3 . Its getting replaced with a Anthem X1 2012 Frameset. Love the Colour Sheme except the 2012 Anthem has the Overdrive 2 system. It was discussed here recently but it kind of went over my head. oops. Will my 2011 fork that...
  9. StanTheMan

Shimano B01 Resin Pads

So I've got fancy brake pads. I have no problem with their performance. I quite like them. They are firm but not overpowering. They do need a bit more work than other brakes I've used but I do like them. I also understand, or I've read that the reason for my resin pads is that they don't...
  10. StanTheMan

Photographers at Manly Dam

Took my son & a few of his mates for a lap around Manly Dam this morning. Just a bit up from" around the car park" in Alambie, were 2 photographers taking pics of everyone coming past. Does anyone know what it was about? My kids are hoping they'll be famous now. Something official? Or just...
  11. StanTheMan

StanThe Man Signing in

Hello everyone. I'm currently in my 40's in the middle of a midlife crisis. About 1 year ago my son (11yo) got me back into mountain biking. I was into BMX bikes in a massive way in high school. I've been furiously riding around Manly Dam for the last 12 mths & its time to upgrade my big W...