Search results

1. E

Convict (Dirt Works) 100 2012

I was injured this year and couldn't ride. I own property at St Albans and hosted a few riders on FRiday night. On Saturday, the sadist in me, sat and watched the bridge crossing for two hours. I have just written a letter to the organsiers suggesting a B line be offered next year. The B line...
  2. E

Convict 100 - St. Albans (Formerly the Dirt Works NSW)

No footy teams and no cricket teams. It's a tiny community. The pub and the Fickle Wombat cafe are the only commercial operations in the town. Maybe I'm biased because of my connection with the area, but I know the locals do the best they can to cater for the demands of the race. The same...
  3. E

Convict 100 - St. Albans (Formerly the Dirt Works NSW)

Easy on the locals I don't live in St Albans but we do have a weekender just outside the township. I don't want to sound like an over protective local, but some of the criticisms of the race organisers and the local businesses are a little bit precious. The race, is in my opinion, a great...
  4. E

3 Ring Circus entires open

Ordinary riders, ordinary behaviour I recently posted on the etiquette thread about the gobful I copped on the way down Mt Stromlo in this year's capital punishment. I finish midfield in these events and I'm much better at climbing than descending. I've had to get off my bike plenty of times...
  5. E

Woodford Glenbrook Classic entries now open

Times are up Nash Kent won in 41.50. I thought the record would have been broken this year. That stretch down Bennetts was super fast and the rest of the track was quick too. I was 5 minutes faster than last year (which was injury affected) but the legs were burning at the end. Apparently...
  6. E

I rode the Oaks in the wet last Sunday. Despite the rain, there was a nice hard line through most of the track. With some dry weather this week it should be a cracker of a race.
  7. E

The oaks

Depends on what you want to do If you're planning on going for a crusiy ride you could do it on a rigid. In last year's race a guy did it on a road bike; mind you the trail was in better condition back then. Front suspension is more than adequate evn for the single track at the the end. It's...
  8. E

Rider etiquette sticky?

Capital Punishment I did the 50km in the recent CP. I finished in the top half of the field. I'm much better at climbing than I am at downhills. Having said that, I still came down Stromlo at a reasonable pace. I was conscious of the fact that others behind me were more competent on the...
  9. E

I did the ride two weekends ago and the track is not as smooth as it has been for the past two years. Sooner or later someone will go sub 40, but it will take a little more effort to break the barrier this year than might have been required in 2009 0r 2010.
  10. E

Always my favourite event of the year http://w2g11.gofundraise.com.au/