Search results

1. Gravjunkie

NSW SCUM's "Decade of Dirt"

Only just over 2 weeks to go now until South Coast United Mouintainbikers (SCUM) hold their 10 year anniversary event the Decade of Dirt....2 days of riding and racing. (and beers) "Over the last ten years we have hosted numerous State Rounds in Downhill, Cross Country and All Mountain...
  2. Gravjunkie

Funnelweb State round photos.........

Check here for a couple of links to some awesome photos taken on Saturday at the state round, by SCUM's resident pro photog. http://scummtb.proboards45.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=photos&thread=324&page=1
  3. Gravjunkie

Funnelweb Trail Maintenance....

With the State Round approaching in July, we've planned to do some work on the track this Sunday 1st June. If you were thinking of doing some runs that day, please rearrange your schedule as the track will be closed. Stay tuned for an update on the track improvements. Thanks for your...
  4. Gravjunkie

SCUM Trails information.....

Go here http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=110098&page=2 or here http://www.scum.asn.au/index.htm to find out the latest state of affairs for us guys down the South coast.
  5. Gravjunkie

Fantastic 3 hour fun at Nowra last Sunday...

SCUM held a 3 hour enduro at their Coondoo track last Sunday. The track was in magnificent condition and everyone had a ball. Check out these photos that club member and Ace photog, Kev Bristow took. See if you can find the one of Saul Britton, looking very similar to the "Green Goblin" from...
  6. Gravjunkie

SCUM DH Club round..........

SCUM will be holding their inaugural club DH round at the Funnelweb on Sunday 1st April. :D All welcome...We'll be manually timing with synchronised stop watches, so, depending on numbers, we may not have times available on the day. You'll just have to keep an eye on the website. The track...
  7. Gravjunkie

Who actually controls Stromlo??

A few of us were going to travel to Stromlo on Saturday (Feb 3) to ride the DH track. Because of the large amount of traffic on it last weekend I thought maybe CORC might be doing trail maintenance on it. So I rang a contact at CORC and he said there was no maint planned and as far as he...
  8. Gravjunkie

Tassie National round in Nov.......

Nows the time for us mainlanders to be scooping the cheap airfares to get to Tassie for the National round in November. Coupla questions before I put in for hols at work and fork out all the cash. 1. Has the shuttle road been sorted out, ie. will we get a few more runs in than last year...
  9. Gravjunkie

Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day......

Take a kid mountain biking day is on October 1st. I was wondering if anyone's club got involved in this last year? We at SCUM want to take part this year, any help/advice, re. target age group, type of activities etc would be greatly appreciated. :confused:
  10. Gravjunkie

New bike carrier....

What do ya think of the new bike carrier? Rear wheel support can be adjusted for different length wheel bases, so your DH rigs and XC steeds are catered for.....and no chewed cranks.
  11. Gravjunkie

SCUM'S final 2005 XC series race

South Coast United Mountainbikers are holding their final XC series race for 2005, at the Butterfly rd track, on Sunday 20th Nov. Rego from 8:00am racing from 9:00am. $5.00 entry for MTBA members, add $15.00 for a day licence for non members. Come along and ride one of the best XC tracks...
  12. Gravjunkie

Tassie carnage update???

Who fucked themselves over down at Tassie and what part of the track did you do it on? Turtle Muncha, you said you broke your collar bone 30 secs into the track. Was that at the Tombstone? Everytime I looked around there was an ambulance taking someone away in a neckbrace. I had a...
  13. Gravjunkie

I need a Map 'o' Tassie.....

Any of you southern brothers got any info (and or pics) of the new DH track they're using for the first Nat round in Tassie? Also how far from Hobart?
  14. Gravjunkie

Funnelweb Maintenance...

If anyone's thinking of riding the Funnelweb on the weekend, we'll be doing a bit of track maintenance on Sunday morning. Hopefully we'll be finished by about 1:00pm. Thanks.
  15. Gravjunkie

State Round at the Funnelweb...

I know it's early but has anyone got any pics from the weekend? Also does anyone know how young Benny is? I saw him get driven off in a neckbrace.
  16. Gravjunkie

SCUM 3 hour Event

South Coast United Mountainbikers are holding a 3 hour event for solos and teams on Sunday 26th July at our Cabbage Tree track. The track is a 6.4 km loop of mainly sweet, smooth, flowing single track. It's mostly flat so it suits all levels of riders. So form a team with the misses and...
  17. Gravjunkie

South Coast United Mountainbikers, XC Club race Sun 22nd May

SCUM will be holding a club XC race at their well aclaimed "Butterfly Rd." track on Sunday 22nd May. The track is a 6km loop, consisting of 30 to 40% firetrail and the rest great singletrack. Rego starts at 9:00am racing at 10:00am. $5.00 entry fee, day licences available for non MTBA...