Search results

1. P

Fox 34 factory/Float or RS Pike RC/monarch debonair?

The Pike RCT3 *might* be but FOX FIT4 is going to be better than the Pike RC for most people. Shitloads of preload on the RC high speed circuit to make the lockout work so unless you're heavy or very fast it's going to be harsh on high speed compressions.
  2. P

Potentially dodgey Nukeproof Mega AM

Anyone missing a Mega AM? Someone on the MTBR forums asking for help identifying parts he upgraded, doesn't mention which wheel size it is, doesn't mention frame size. Doesn't seem right to me. http://forums.mtbr.com/all-mountain/help-me-identify-what-my-bike-price-sale-1034996.html
  3. P

how to Soften fox 34 forks?

You've got two years on a second hand fork and you're complaining that it's harsh? Does it have any splash oil in the lowers? Try putting the specified amount of Fox Gold or Supergliss in there, it'll only cost you about $20 and you can use it as air can lube on your shock or in a different...
  4. P

X-Fusion Forks - Experiences please

I did go from a 125mm Fox 32 to a 140mm Velvet which is ~25mm axle to crown increase and it didn't feel less stiff so the Velvet is probably a bit stiffer but not night and day. I doubt you'd notice a huge difference going to a Rev either, probably better off looking at a Sweep.
  5. P

What damper is in your 32? My RL2 Velvet (26" version of the Streat) is much more controlled than the 2012 Float 32 Evo it replaced. The Fox Evo dampers have next to no low-speed damping and choke on high speed hits, the RL2 solves both those problems. I didn't notice any stiffness changes...
  6. P

Extending Suspension Travel on Giant Trance X3

I put a M/M tune 184x44 Rockshox Monarch RT3 on my Trance X3. Night and day difference compared to the frankly rubbish OEM Float R. DIYMTB.com.au have X-Fusion O2 Pro RCX in 184x44 for a bit cheaper than a Monarch but I don't know if they're any good. Good damping is worth more than a...
  7. P

Fox forks travel issue

Thought that was resolved when Fox made a different air spring seal in 2012 or 2013 without the stupid foam ring sponge?
  8. P

Fork feeding frenzy

I found out with a face-to-handlebar because I softened the "mid valve" and almost died from going OTB the next time I rode. Immediately put it back to stock and made a tool to access the high speed stack.
  9. P

Fork feeding frenzy

That little cup with shims in it at the bottom of the damper IS the "mid-valve". There's nothing on the back of the rebound piston like a real mid-valve. Reducing the overall stiffness of that bottom stack makes a huge difference to the low-speed compression. The best mod for the RL2 damper...
  10. P

Avid Brakes not engaging after bleed - help!

This might only apply to their mountain bike brakes but I've had success with taking the wheel out, putting one syringe into the caliper bleed port (lever bleed screw still in) and slightly squeezing the lever to advance the pistons while keeping pressure on the syringe. This gets the pads...
  11. P

How to convert Giant Anthem 2014 to XT 12 mm through axle wheels.

Even Giant say a through axle on a one-piece rear triangle is more marketing than function: http://nsmb.com/5505-2013-giant-trance-x-29er/
  12. P

Suspension Setup Help Giant Trance 1

The HV and Debonair cans can use volume spacer band. Normal/standard volume air cans can't use the bands because there's nowhere to put them. Given the roughly similar size I think you could probably make a Fox volume spacer fit. I didn't want to spend $$$ on rubber bands so I just slipped a...
  13. P

Giant Trance geometry

Fox forks are relatively short for their travel so a 140mm travel Rockshox or X-Fusion is more like 25mm taller axle to crown. GeometryCalc ( http://bikegeo.muha.cc/ ) estimated ~ 1 degree slacker on my Large frame going from 496mm A2C (Fox @ 125mm) to 519mm (X-Fusion @ 140mm).
  14. P

2015 Giant Reign.. All Rounder???

I've got a 2012 Trance X with a 140mm fork and it is a lot of fun at Old Tambo and Mt Joyce. The new Trance would be better, the new Reign would (in my opinion) be too much for all but the serious DH trails at Mt Joyce.
  15. P

I've got a 140mm Velvet on my Trance X. It's taken a while to break in but now it's almost as smooth as the Fox 32 the bike came with. The Velvet still isn't quite as smooth on small stuff and it feels really bad when the bike has been sitting unused for a few days. According to MTBR.com the...
  16. P

Lookouts wanted- New bike

Ah, I didn't know that. I've bought a complete bike from them but it was under $1000. Shipping was $80, no GST and no import duty. That makes their nicer gear much less attractive.
  17. P

Lookouts wanted- New bike

KHS SixFifty 6500 is $2700 on Torpedo7. 140mm travel and this week's hottest wheel size.
  18. P

Increase fork travel

Nope, you need a whole new air spring assembly. I got so sick of trying to get a bike shop to swap the 140mm spring from a 27.5" Rev into the 26" chassis (which were all at 150mm) that I gave up and bought X-Fusion instead. The X-Fusion can be lowered and you don't even need spacers, there are...
  19. P

[QLD[ Lost Wheel, Gap Creek

Not lost really... I just left it on the side of the road and drove off :-s Giant S-XC2 front wheel with a worn Nobby Nic on it, left near the Greenford St entrance. If someone has it I'll come pick it up!
  20. P

Future proofing or limiting?

There is a photo of a guy running a 27.5" wheel in a 29er Pike at the Enduro World Series here (ctrl+f Gav Carroll): http://www.pinkbike.com/news/italian-winter-enduro-world-series-round-4-la-thuile-2014.html if that works surely a 26" in a 27.5" Pike would be unnoticeable.