Search results

1. S

Coffee addict needs help from smart person

Hoping one of you clever people here may have an answer to my terrible predicament. Somehow (I actually don't not how) a M5 x 17 screw has snapped inside my much loved espresso machine (inside the grouphead). I am at a loss as to how to get it out. Hoping that maybe there is an easy idea that my...
  2. S

First real bike time

So, my big guy is about to turn 5 and it is time for a bike with pedals - I know, I have been a neglectful parent but he has been having such fun on his balance bike that I have left it until now. Looking for any recommendations and insight from those who know best. He is 112cm tall. He is scary...
  3. S

ACT Gripsport bike rack - 2 bike

Item: Gripsport bike rack - 2 bike Location: Canberra (no postage as it is heavy and would cost a bomb) Item Condition: fine. It's gripsport and as far as I can tell they are unbreakable. There are 2 small modifications though: (1) rear crankholder has been cut down to suit bike with lower bb...
  4. S

2009 giant glory - ACT area

My 2009 glory has been knocked off during a move. A bit of an old clunker but still pissed. Grateful if anyone sees if being flogged of on scumtree or bookface. I'll upload a photo later but blue and black (DH0 frame), white boxxers, white spank bar, Saint pedals, Saint derailleur and shifter
  5. S

ACT Please delete

Item: Gripsport bike rack - 2 bike Location: Canberra (no postage as it is heavy and would cost a bomb) Item Condition: fine. It's gripsport and as far as I can tell they are unbreakable. There are 2 small modifications though: (1) rear crankholder has been cut down to suit bike with lower bb...
  6. S

12v wiring headache

Hi all, Hoping for some advice about wiring up a dcdc charger and solar setup in my camper trailer. In particular about earthing it. I am using a redarc bcdc1225d charger with the hope to charge a lifepo4 battery from the car when driving and via solar when camping. The charger needs to be...
  7. S

Adventure kings

Hi all, Has anybody had any experience - good or bad - with Kings camping gear, particularly their 12v electrical range? I'm looking to buy a camping fridge/freezer and update the rest of my system to support it. Looks to me like they are much cheaper than most other companies but the reviews...
  8. S

Fabricator around canberra

Hi all, I'm looking to have a set of drawers made to put in the back of my camper trailer. Anyone have any recommendations for someone in the canberra area? Most interested in stainless steel (matchy matchy) but would be happy enough with powdercoated or similar. Need to confirm exact...
  9. S

Account help - no password or email

Hi guys, Just wondering if anyone can help me out of a little pickle. Due to a series of unfortunate events (read: I forgot a couple of passwords and killed an iPad that had them all auto-filling), I no longer know my password for this site and do not have access to the email account that it is...
  10. S

Replacement forks on a budget

Hi all, Chasing some recommendations on behalf of a mate whose forks have seen better days. With the plethora of sizing, spacing, etc I am out of my depth with what forks fit what frame, etc any more (it seemed a lot easier a decade or two ago). Mate's bike is a 2012 Giant Talon that he uses...
  11. S

Cheap 30.9 dropper

Hi all, I have recently re-discovered riding which involves going up hills as well as down. Along with that discovery, I have come to appreciate the idea of a dropper. At the moment I am alternating between riding with My seat too high, too low, or using my “slow dropper” (ie getting off and...
  12. S

Thank you to someone at Stromlo

Just a quick thank you to the person who found my saddle bag somewhere on the trails at Stromlo last Wednesday, Thursday or Friday and left it hanging from the fence. I had only realised that it was not still attached to my bike when I loaded it onto the car on Friday to go for a ride. After...
  13. S

brake calipers too close

Hi all, Time for my next dumb question... Having decided to change my brakepads last night I got distracted and left my bike wheel and brakepad-less for the night. When I returned today to fit the new pads, the calipers are sitting too close together to get the pads in/out. I have tried using...
  14. S

Brake pads - organic or steel

Hi all, I'm about to replace my rear brake pads and am wondering if there is any real difference between organic pads and steel pads. I've been told that organic will have slightly more power but wear slightly quicker (and also may make less noise). Is this correct? is it noticible? If it...
  15. S

Unsure whether you want a full suspension bike? want to try out an ancient one?

Hi All, In my relatively short time on rotorburn I have noticed a lot of people asking whether they should buy a full suspension bike. Many seem not to want to spend thousands to try one out. So, here's my proposal... I have an Avanti moto sitting in my shed. It was my first d/h bike and I...
  16. S

Bike stand and locking ideas for DH bike

Hi guys, I'm looking to get a bike stand (just for storage) for my DH bike. It seems that almost all bike stands are not made to fit DH tyres (i currently run 2.7s). Preferably, I would like something sturdy that I can bolt to the ground and lock my bike to. Even better if it will also fit my...
  17. S

Hope pro2 evo - QR to 20mm

Hi guys, I've just bought a set of Hope pro2 evos. The front is supplied with QR and 20mm conversions. Can anybody give my any pointers re how to change from QR to 20mm? It looks as though (after removing the outer casing - the bit that reduces it down to look like it would fit a QR skewer) a...
  18. S

DH wheelset - what hubs?

Hi all, Looking at buying a new wheelset for my 09 Glory. After reading plenty of posts on here, I am leaning towards a set of 721s (seems that about 50% of farkers vote for 721s as being the best non-boutique wheelset and the other 50% are split between a mix of other rims). So, the next...
  19. S

chain length on dh bike

Hi all, Just putting a new chain on my 09 glory and wondering how to get the length right (have changed driveline so can't just make it the same length as the last one). From what I have read it looks like the 'proper' way to do it is to remove the rear shock so that I can judge the length...
  20. S

Building a cassette

So, I've just bought a new 9 speed cassette online and didnt really consider the fact that it may come in pieces. Is anybody able to give me an idiots guide to building a cassette? I can't for the life of me figure out how to put it together. Thanks in advance