Search results

1. G

Recommendations on a drafty

I need to get some plans drawn up for a deck, can anyone recommend a drafty on the south side of Brisbane.
  2. G

Unicycles

Aldi has unicycles this week. Who is getting one? Who can give me a few pointers on riding a unicycle? Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
  3. G

tapatalk

My phone & ipad keep asking me about getting it. Is it good? What does it do?
  4. G

Old/Broken/ bent /unwanted handlebar wanted

Hi All, I'm chasing a peice of 22.2mm alloy tubing i need a straight section 6 to eight inches long. If you have some old ones lying around and are in Brisbane southside, I have some cold beer :Banane35: Lightening my daughters running bike and it has a steel seatpost that weighs more than...
  5. G

Look pedals

Anyone tried the new look mtb pedals yet? I have been riding the same type of time pedals now for well over a decade now so I think it's time for a change and I have never liked spds. If you knew how they compared to times for float and pedalling that would be good.
  6. G

Nerang weekend riders

Title says most. I ride at nerang love the trails and usually ending with a steak sandwich and a beer at the pub looking for others on the same wave length. I like exploring new places to ride and like the social aspect of a beer and some food at the end of the ride.
  7. G

Deleting own posts

If I could also delete a post in the edit post section that would be super duper. Sometimes things are just no longer relevant.
  8. G

Bottom bracket seized???

Hi all my cranks are a little stiff and I'm wondering if the bearings are seized I thought that with a sealed unit this would be nigh on impossible. I have removed the arms and sure enough the Lhs bearing is very stiff to spin is tHere a way I can free this up and still ride in the morning...
  9. G

X 9 10 speed rear derailler install

Hi all, I have just bolted a new rear derailler on and the lower pulley touches the cogs. Shortening and tensioning the chain will alleviate this but I'm guessing will cause a spectacular bang if the chain ever breaks am I missing some adjustment of the derrailler tension or position? Josh
  10. G

Supplements recommended and drinking

Does anyone use and recommend any particular supplements to assist recovery and whatnot? I just stumbled across a Sydney based website which appears quite cheap when compared to my local health food store for a number of the things that they have on the shelf. No bull supplements ( anyone...
  11. G

Dropper seat post just a wank?

I brought a bike with a dropper seatpost already fitted and have only found myself using it a handful of times it has side to side play and recently stopped working all together. I'm thinking of just getting a normal seatpost. Has anyone else found the same thing? Anyone else interested in...
  12. G

Corrosion under grips??

Hi all, I was replacing the grips on my bike yesterday and noticed what I think is a fair bit of corrosion under the old ones. Kinda like the salty stuff you get on the top of a car batteries terminals if it is overcharging. After seeing it a bit of salty sweat building up over time under...
  13. G

Secret trails on Garmin

I'm looking at using a gps with the view to ride and record trails I don't necessarily want made public. Does garmin or anyone else support private trails or sharing of trails between individuals without telling the world? I know most trail builders especially those whose trail network hangs...
  14. G

Nerang, bayview, cornubia, or Daisy weekday morns and or arvos for the next 2 weeks.

Hi All, I will be working near daisy for the next 2 weeks and able to do a couple of hours from 5:30 in mornings or after 4 in the arvos. If you are keen let me know? I don't have the bike on the car today so starting tomorrow morning. Post,pm text or call whatever suits. Josh 0416313930
  15. G

Chain wear meter/ gauge.

Is there anything I need to look out for when buying one of these? That is are all chains the same in length of link & acceptable wear? Road, mtb, 9sp, 10sp and bmx?
  16. G

Soreness above knees

Hi all, I have been getting some soreness in the muscle above the knee towards the end of longer rides. The muscle from about 1/2 way down my thigh to the top of my kneecap gets a little stiff then just starts spasmming/ twitching. Just wondering if this is normal and if I keep riding to...
  17. G

Josh's Pumptrack

G'day Diggers, I am wanting some advice on pump tracks. I have recently brought a house and under a mountain of undergrowth there is room for a pump track. The boss needed surprisingly little convincing to approve and could have driven a much harder bargain. There is a council...
  18. G

LoanMarket brokers

Our national conference is in Melbourne this year and I was thinking about Bringing the bike down. Hoping to get a few days riding in either side of the conference and maybe sneak a couple in in the middle. Anyone else in the same boat? Wouldn't mind a bit of local knowledge more than happy...
  19. G

iPad photos

Hi all I want to put some photos off an iPad onto a post I have not long had the iPad so if you could please use basic terms that would be good. Thanks
  20. G

Cedar Creek to Mount Tambourine exploration

Exploring the cedar creek to mount tamborine area tomorrow morning anyone have some gps plots of trails up there? I saw some signage at cedar creek end with a blue square and a black diamond??? is there single track in there? I didn't think so will report back.