Search results

1. S

Road and mtb parts for my commuter build

Bars look awesome! Stem is probably a bit long for me I figured out if they are flat bars. And the deore shifter I've worked out won't work entirely well with my dérailleur (unless you have the dérailleur lying around as well?) How much were you wanting for the bars?
  2. S

Parts to suit my commuter build

Hi guys, Just looking for some advice on parts for this build I have going, see the link http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=293976 I just need some advice on how to measure the steerer (yes I don't even know how I don't know how to do this already). Do you measure diameter of...
  3. S

That would be great thanks sweeper! And yeah planko, the rear brifter gave out and the bike shops were quoting a huge amount to replace it. Decided I'd make a fun commuter bike with flats instead. Thanks for your generosity anyway though!
  4. S

Hi guys, just looking for some cheap parts to help round out my commuter bike build. This is what I have so far: Plan is flat bars, so I need: Handlebars +/- stem Brake levers to work with the 105 calipers pictured Rear shifter: something like a deore And that should about cover it. Thanks
  5. S

Giant, how to pick between TCR, Defy and Propel

Yeah I had similar thoughts about the brakes, rim callipers have been around a long time as well... Only done 20kms quick riding so far today, despite the marketing, cobblestones still feel like cobblestones. Can't really say anything more yet, I don't feel any of the pedal stroke being...
  6. S

Thanks for the help everyone, just picked up the Domane 4.3, ended up going without the discs despite everyone (including me) knowing they are better. Decided that I would rather not commit to the thru-axles while there aren't many wheels available for them and also wanted to maintain a resale...
  7. S

Unfortunately the Domane model I'm looking at doesn't have internal routing which sucks, but maybe its a plus now? What do I need to know about electronic shifting? Do the frames require different mounts for it? Will I not be able to upgrade to electronic shifters later on without certain mounts?
  8. S

Alrighty guys, you've all helped me refine what I want significantly, even if it does mean I've jumped about a bit. I'm currently steering towards the endurance models so the Defy and the Trek Modane. Looking for disc brakes and preferably a carbon frame as well. Still looking at the $2000...
  9. S

Thanks for all the help everyone! A bit more info for you all, my budget is under $2500, but realistically I'd want to spend around $2000 if I could. I hadn't really considered the cyclox bikes because with a mtb background it'd be weird for me to buy a road bike to ride off road, also, I...
  10. S

Thanks, that was a really good summary. So the aero is a bit of a wank? I had figured that out myself a bit, but it does look cool. So I spose the only other question I've got to ask is whether if I buy the tcr will I be looking to change out the frame in the next 5 or so years? It's not...
  11. S

Hey folks, I'm wanting to buy my first new road bike, I've been riding a second hand 10-15 year old roadie for a little while now. Done a lot of MTBing in the past as well. I want to buy something with around 105 level groupset and looking at the cheaper end of the spectrum, hence the...
  12. S

VIC The private decent

Anybody heading out today?
  13. S

VIC The private decent

Anybody heading out today?
  14. S

Looking for some DH'ers to ride with

Yeah I might be keen, let me know what time your heading out.
  15. S

Looking for some DH'ers to ride with

Anyone up for ferntree gully sometime today?
  16. S

Help me help this dog

I've never tried I for ticks, but for calf lice we use tea tree oil. Just dilute it, spray it on, rub it in which may be hard in this situation. Probs worth a try just dowsing him with it
  17. S

Food/Diet help for the skinny kids - putting on size and protein suppliment suggestions

Good info on the shin splints/stress fractures, its actually quite hard to find a decent definition of each just due to the fact that every second person has had what they will call "shin splints". Didn't say that I thought it was a long thoracic palsy, said that there was potential but...
  18. S

Food/Diet help for the skinny kids - putting on size and protein suppliment suggestions

Appointment with sports physician is on wednesday this week btw. If you manage to diagnose this correctly over rotorburn before then I'll give you 10 E-beers!
  19. S

No click, was thinking that I had potentially damaged my brachial plexus when I broke my collarbone and what not causing long thoracic nerve denervation and therefore serratus anterior denervation and subsequent winging of scap. But he winging doesn't seem anywhere near bad enough for it to be...
  20. S

Haven't really determined the mechanism of injury yet, took a look at gait, seemed fine, one leg is slightly longer then the other (1-1.5cm). Arches used to be raised, many many years ago, fixed that through orthotics. What tendons could cause shin splints? No evidence of previous stress...