Search results

1. C

Stevie Smith out for the first two rounds of the 2014 World Cup?

I'm amazed at some of the antics of these guys get up to on shows like This is Peaty or The Atherton Project given that they are professional athletes and am surprised that there are not more injuries like this. I guess maybe the larrikin image is more lucrative in terms of getting sponsorship...
  2. C

Homebush MTB track

It looks like the bigger issue is people riding it when wet. Car tracks across the track don't make it unrideable (particularly there just below the start hill) but grooves in the same direction as the track do make it unrideable.
  3. C

Homebush MTB track

The track is looking good. Thanks for your efforts.
  4. C

The New Northbridge Pump Track - Now Open - now with Vids

Supposedly the council has requested Dirtz to quote on fixing it.
  5. C

The BMX Race thread.

Any tips? i'm not young, but I've just started racing this year. i've got pumping down pat but feel i need to learn to manual to take my riding to the next level.
  6. C

Castlecove DJ's and Northbridge Pump Track Maintenance Days - Volunteers

Northbridge Pump Track Maintenance Willoughby Council are renovating the tennis courts near the pump track at Northbridge and are considering doing some maintenance to the pump track at the same time. The Parks Coordinator for the council is looking to meet up with a couple of regular riders...
  7. C

LMX BMX track

Saw this posted on the Dirtz facebook page: "It dismays me but an anonymous complaint has been submitted to Penrith Council in NSW, Australia re the LMX ( Luke Madill ) BMX track. Because its easier, Penrith Council are proposing to have the track torn down. The track features 2 x start hills...
  8. C

NSW Sold

What year is the bike?
  9. C

LIGHTS MEGATHREAD - all questions on riding lights asked and answered here!!!

i've never owned lights so bit of a noob question, but how big is the battery pack and where do you put it?
  10. C

How to build DJ's

Grass What's the best method of removing grass from old dirt jumps?
  11. C

custom 12" bmx for my 3yr old.

Does it have a coaster brake or is it brakeless? i would like to upgrade my sons hand-me-down bike but i dont think he would be able to use a hand brake.
  12. C

Homebush MTB track

I'm thinking over heading over the the MTB track tomorrow. Can anyone tell me if its dry now after all the rain we had?
  13. C

Homebush MTB track

I've heard that the BMX track is closed this week and next week for track changes. Does anyone know if the MTB track will be open or will that be closed as well?
  14. C

The New Northbridge Pump Track - Now Open - now with Vids

The track gets used a lot but was ridden in the rain recently which has caused the ruts. There has been some discussion on the Facebook site (Northbridge Pump Track Riders) about organising a maintenance day for the end of Feb.
  15. C

Mtn bike service - Syd North

Specialized on Pacific Highway in Chatswood had no issues servicing my non-Specialized bike.
  16. C

If you're just starting out dirt jumping (as I am) I would recommend Montview Oval in Hornsby. Castle Cove is a bit daunting as one of the jumps in the easy line has a gap. At Montview there are 4 small tabletops in a row and its easier to get enough speed as the start ramp is larger then...
  17. C

i forgot to mention that i ride it as often as the kids! I cant access facebook at work so if you can post it on here as well it would be appreciated.
  18. C

I'd be interested in helping out at a maintenance day at Northbridge if there is one being planned. Its mainly ridden by kids (including mine) so doesn't get the care that Castle Cove does. Last time i was there (last week) it was looking a bit dusty - is there a water source nearby?
  19. C

Buying A Bike From CRC

I found tracking was excellent (dhl), was delivered in about a week, bike was packed well, and it came with a couple of free tools to assemble. The bike came with a flat tube, but they sent me out a new one straight away with no hassle. I do think it's worth the extra money to buy a bike...
  20. C

Advice on buying a BMX for my 5 year old son.

There's some for sale every now and then on www.bmxultra.com.