Search results

1. C

STOLEN My Louis has been taken!

My louis garneau full carbon roadie was knocked off from my mates garden i leura. I'm not a major road freak but got this baby cheap of a mate and loved those quick fitness sessions and hill climbs. not to mention the joys of flying thru sydney traffic with mms of lycra protecting your legs...
  2. C

sold

Item: 2004 Giant Dh comp, black, medium. BIKE HAS BEEN SOLD, PLEASE DELETE Location: bike in canberra, living in katoomba, NSW. can deal in person at either location. Item Condition: good, hasn't been ridden too hard or too much. but it is an older bike and has some cosmetic scratches...
  3. C

majura; a week or so back

damn do i love majura, except when this happens. dodgy planks on some northshore + me dislodging them = ouch. any way, feel free to have a good laugh at my expense. http://www.rotorbolts.com/farkinvideo/details.php?image_id=184&mode=search it'll probably be one of my last sessions up...
  4. C

14mm thru-axle rear wheel

What: 14mm/135mm thru-axle rear wheel to suit 03 giant dh comp. Price range/Willing to Pay: up to ~200 (feel free to negotiate) Location: canberra Extra Info: planning another trip up to thredbo soon but new dh frame is as yet unbuilt. already have rotor, cassette, axle, etc but no wheel to...
  5. C

steerer troubles... grrrr

gday all basically ive been having problems with the front end slippin around, i replaced the stem, only to have it continue to slide around. so i had a look as to whether it might be the steerer sliding aroung inside the crown, yup. so what do i do? new forks? yell at it? can a bike shop help...
  6. C

riding without headlock (tech help needed, second page)

today, as i was tightening up my headlock, the threaded bit out of the starnut just ripped out and result = no topcap clamp. i want to ride over the weekend, so the question is; would it be stupid to go out and ride minus headlock and buy another one later, or to go straight out and buy a new...
  7. C

01 Azonic DS-1

This is my rig, it was originally a 01 giant rincon now the only stocko parts left on it are the BB, forks, saddle and brakes. some of the mods were bought off farkin lads, which meant it didnt cost all that much to build up. its taken me up & down kosciuzko, round thredbo and chewed up many...
  8. C

SS gear and other stuff

basically setting up my bike for ss and replacing some gear What; f&r wheelset, dics hubs, decent rims, bolt-up ss rear hub would be good, 20mm or qr, Price range; 150-300 Location; Canberra Extra info; nope What; f&r brakes, disc, hydro or mech its all good Price range; 150-300...
  9. C

eMOTIVe

Ive been posting a bit today and i thought i'd keep going Yesterday i whipped out and bought A Perfect Circle's newest- eMOTIVe, a collection of anti-war covers by everyones favorite pseudo-Tool group. Being an APC fan, my first reaction was that this album was...... unexpected. But since...
  10. C

Torpedo7 tool kit

browsin' torpedo7 today and saw this tool kit they've got on offer for like $60aus and thought that was pretty damn good. http://torpedo7.com/digicart/fusebox.cfm?FuseAction=productDetails&PrID=ED2885DB-B3C4-4B1B-8C865BE53E208D47&CFID=9458220&CFTOKEN=94651777 any opinions/experience from...
  11. C

What is this and why is it so expensive?

I found this after browsing ebay a while back I cant really tell what it actually is, it kind of looks like an old-style tensioner of some sort. But crikey it went for $1.5k! So someone must know what the hell it is. Anyway, ill leave you to it...
  12. C

off again, on again?

let me give you the jist.... about a week ago i was riding my POS bmx way too fast, as much more of the story i tell you is irrelevent, bottom line; I axed my knee up, nothing broken but enough to keep me from riding untill today. anyways, all i could do bike-wise was wrench up the steed...
  13. C

maxxis hookworms

someone hook us up with some hookworms need for park/commuter bike or anything similar cheers boys
  14. C

FARKIN HEAT

goddamn global warming :x not happy jan :evil: its been 35+ degrees for like a week relatives from maloolabar came down and they said it was too friggin hot for them! :lol: jeeeeeeesus its so blasted hot anytime i go out for a ride im sweltering and almost die after half an hour hows...
  15. C

Stoopid or not?

heres the lowdown; i was thinkin this morning about jump bikes, more specifically a short travel DS frame (first to come to mind was a cove hooker) with rigid forks. think about it; i take most all obstacles, bumps, ruts and rockgardens on my back wheel anyways jumping you would get killer...
  16. C

Unicycles?

ive seen some unicyclists doin crazy things lately like trials and DJ and stuff :o i was wondering if anyone on here rides em or how to get started etc Cheers
  17. C

BAH HA HA HA HA

hey hey. i just got this link sent to me by my buddy at school. basically its some bloke who goes into one of those cyber chatrooms, finds someone and screws them around. anyway i thought it was pretty funny. www.zone.ee/rennat/bloodcyber.htm if you do get offended really easily dont go in...
  18. C

need help!

:oops: this is a bit embarrasing for me but i gotta ask u guys. i hooked up with some bmx kids at school and we went to a jump park after school, im talking big gaps & big jumps. this was my first run at a park this hardcore, cause im used to yknow 8 foot gaps off jumps no higher than ur...
  19. C

Canberra mtbers

are there any freeride, urban mtbers in canberra cause i joined bout 3 days ago and like everyone lives in w.a or s.a and like everyone in canberra is into xc or trials which is cool but not what turns my crank...