Search results

1. C

Product Review ISI 2 bike carrier 2x4x4

I have one of these 2-bike racks on my Prado for some time now, and whilst the ergonomics can be an issue at times, I've found it bullet proof. Taken it from Vic to FNQ, countless off-road trips including Vic high country, and never had an issue. Super quick to load, tailgate opens over the...
  2. C

Thredbo New All Mountain Trail

Add something to patch a sidewall tear - walked down last summer thanks to that. Could barely stand next morning......
  3. C

Yep - taking the Bronson up for a few days. Looking forward to giving the AM a run.
  4. C

Shimano XT Brakes w/Sram X01 Group

If it's any help, I run a SRAM grip shift with my XTs and all fits/works fine. (SRAM X01) Cam
  5. C

NEW Flowtown trail - Falls Creek

Yep - latest one was a ruptured spleen and pancreas...
  6. C

NEW Flowtown trail - Falls Creek

Thanks - good to know. Doing Hero with Blue Dirt shuttles this Sat (local club organised a skills clinic just on Hero) then might do a Falls session in the arvo' if survive morning.....
  7. C

Bright - Hero trail

Yeah - some riders I know were pushing their Trances down the steep lower berms....:pound: Realistically it's a lot more challenging than all the other Blue runs in the local area - better signage describing it as a steep/jumps run for skilled riders only would be more realistic. "Go slow on...
  8. C

Top section opens this weekend - can't wait to have a crack.
  9. C

Bright - Hero trail

Love this run - think it's about 40 jumps top to bottom. Majority are doubles, and takeoffs have some kick on a few, so best to either roll them or hit it hard. In between and you'll end up over the front or planting into the second ones. Bit of speed and it's a hoot on a 6" dually (can't...
  10. C

Where to next? Best summer shuttles/tracks

The new all mountain run at Bright is looking awesome too - looks like being open by year's end so watch for that. If you're up for a big drive some time, Thredbo is still the duck's guts IMHO - everything from easy flow through all mountain to full on DH, with chairlift and a great location...
  11. C

Where to find UCI downhill replays

SBS has Mont-Saint-Anne in their on demand stuff. 26min highlights.
  12. C

I'll be riding Sunday - might c ya then. Cheers, Cam
  13. C

Thanks for all the updates guys. I'm finally getting up to Thredbo over the Australia Day weekend for a few days, so will see how it's coming along. If any of you mob are up there and see a middle-aged dude on a fluoro SC Bronson, say g'day! Cheers, Cam
  14. C

Looks promising - thanks for the post. Where's your camera mounted? Looks like December before I'll make it up there - hopefully dry and bedded in by then. Cam
  15. C

Just spoke to the staff on mountain - they are saying it will be ready for the opening weekend on 14th Nov, so you guys can christen it for us! Cam
  16. C

Hi Scott, I noticed some trail building last time I was up there - think it was early May - but never realised what it was. If the vid' is any idication, it looks good. Nov. 13 I'll be in Bright so no go that weekend, but once I hear the new trail's open I'll be working on getting up...
  17. C

Couldn't see a thread on this, so; Anyone have any info' on the new Thredbo All Mountain trail? - just saw a sneak peek on youtube and it looks promising (I ride a 6" dually). When do they usually have all the downhill tracks ready to use? I know they say the chair is running all year now...
  18. C

Expensive crash…

Do you know the crash victim personally? Obvious solution would have been to just let the missus keep it....:biggrin1:
  19. C

Reverb can't keep it up.....

Agreed - sounds like I got lucky. My Fox 34 CTD's have been faultless too, so maybe I got "Monday builds"...... Regarding the bleed, I noticed both the bleed screws had tapered ends. In the instructions it said the post one has a flat end. Anyone else notice this, or have I got the wrong...
  20. C

Reverb can't keep it up.....

Just bled mine this evening - piece of pi$$ if you get the SRAM bleed kit. Mine had completely stopped working after about 18 months. 250 psi, bleed, and all is sweet again. Quite a few air bubbles came through when I bled it, so pretty obvious it needed it. Oh, and FWIW, I also run a KS Lev...