Search results

1. Tailus

Techniques of filming

lighting, lighting, lighting, lighting, lighting, lighting. That is all. Lighting. Buy a redhat kit. And a big generator.
  2. Tailus

A song I wrote

Your beats need some serious attention. Keep working on it.
  3. Tailus

My Ipod (nano) Experience

people who think record players are good entertain me
  4. Tailus

Street Surfer?

You've probably seen foldaway bikes. Unlike the street surfer, they actually do something useful.
  5. Tailus

Street Surfer?

you can turn the bars on a regular bike 360degrees+ easily anyway (or all day with a gyro).
  6. Tailus

Street Surfer?

The blatent lies of 'more traction' and 'better turning circle'. An absolutely apalling advertisement for a dangerous un-designed piece of crap. I'll stick to my wheels that can actually roll over a twig withough high-siding me anyday.
  7. Tailus

We're addressing the players, not the headphones, and you're right, ipod stockers are pretty poor.
  8. Tailus

If you like good sound quality and actually understand what you're on about you'll know that there's nothing wrong with the way an iPod reproduces a signal. If you're genuinely concerned about sound quality, there's no cure better than a good parametric equaliser and a good pair of headphones...
  9. Tailus

The sound quality from an ipod is as good as any other player out there. output response is nearly dead flat unless you use low impedance headphones (like the standard ones) in which case you'll lose just a bit of low bass.
  10. Tailus

What new brakes to get !!!!!!

My lbs recommends that the 5s feel even better than the 7s thanks to not having the extra adjustment thing.
  11. Tailus

I've owned my ipod for two years now and dropped it on concrete from a decent height several times and it's fine. Unbelieveably well built little player. Maybe I got lucky.
  12. Tailus

Any body got a G5?

Anyone who buys a Mac or argues that pcs are better/worse because of the speed isn't addressing the real reasons for wanting one or the other. I wouldn't care less if a G5 is only half as fast as the latest PC box, (and who knows, that might even be the case) I'd still buy one. The 20" iMac...
  13. Tailus

Digital Video camera help?

If you want to make videos that look half decent I'd suggest finding a 3ccd camera like http://www.panasonic.com.au/products/details.cfm?productID=3048 second hand if you can. The poor dynamic range of cheaper cameras makes them nigh on useless for anything other than weddings. Don't even think...
  14. Tailus

Iriver or Ipod

actually the 20s are 18.x and it's not just apple, it's every single manufacturer out there. A 'gb' is 1000000 bites as far as the retailer is concerned. That way they can label a 240gig hard disk as 250gig (in my computer's case) or an 18gig iPod as a 20gig. The iRivers/other mp3 players will...
  15. Tailus

Online FPS

Halo2 at the mooment, but quake 3 omgwtfpwnd in it's day
  16. Tailus

Vibration in rear wheel

I'd have to hazard a guess that it's to do with the spokes winding up a little and unwinding?
  17. Tailus

Iriver or Ipod

I mean to say that because the iPod doesn't have a customiseable equalizer that just about any other play that does is better.
  18. Tailus

Iriver or Ipod

iPod doesn't have a customizeable euqalizer. therefore *>ipod.
  19. Tailus

which mp3 player would YOU get?

do they have a good custom eq?
  20. Tailus

which mp3 player would YOU get?

Whay's an iRiver H300 kick the shit out of everything? Serious question from someone who doesn't know much about the current crop of players :confused:.