Street Surfer?

chie

Likes Dirt
It's the answer to a question nobody asked and I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that it isn't going to catch on.

RRP $1000 :eek:

mike on a bike

Likes Bikes
just seen this on tv (perth time) and well..........

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha i have never seen anythin so stupid in my entire life!

"quote" we r redesignin the bicycle this is very excitin time" ppft yeh right looks very very sketchy goin down them stairs

Tailus

Likes Bikes
The blatent lies of 'more traction' and 'better turning circle'. An absolutely apalling advertisement for a dangerous un-designed piece of crap. I'll stick to my wheels that can actually roll over a twig withough high-siding me anyday.

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bogus marketing hype said:
'more traction' and 'better turning circle'.
I rode one at the bike show, the better turning circle is mabey true so long as you dont try to pedal, despite the BB being quite high it's really easy to make a pedal hit the ground.

As for better traction... bull$h!t... it scared me how easy it was to get it into a 5 wheel drift.

The thing is a pig to manual but on the upside It was pretty easy to bar spin

rowanr

Likes Dirt
i can't see them ever catching on. for starters its hideously ugly- it looks like a folding bike. i don't really see the point in suspension like that on a cruiser. can someone please explain to me what it has to do with a surfboard too??? i'd rather get a bmx for $500. oh, wait i did and then sold it a couple of years later

Tailus

Likes Bikes
t said:
I rode one at the bike show, the better turning circle is mabey true so long as you dont try to pedal, despite the BB being quite high it's really easy to make a pedal hit the ground.

As for better traction... bull$h!t... it scared me how easy it was to get it into a 5 wheel drift.

The thing is a pig to manual but on the upside It was pretty easy to bar spin
you can turn the bars on a regular bike 360degrees+ easily anyway (or all day with a gyro).

Cedric.Marx

Likes Bikes
I have to jump on the bandwagon here and say this truly looks turd. A bit off the topic, has anyone seen those strange bikes that have 16" or so wheels and only one bar on the frame that is very low to the ground? Sorry, i'm not really up with proper bike lingo, so maybe no-one knows what i'm on about, but i've seen heaps of old people riding them... and some students in the city.

Tailus

Likes Bikes
You've probably seen foldaway bikes. Unlike the street surfer, they actually do something useful.

TIMOH

Banned
The streetsurfer was very weird looking. The front end looked like it would snap if you went down a stair, then I saw that guy going down them.. I wouldn't trust it :p :eek:

HYOSHIMO

Straight up emo gangsta
on ozscene just a while back they had an almost identical looking contraption from the 70's for sale on Ebay - almost exactly the same, just had no shocks- therefore im going to diss it considering its a bit plagerised in terms of originality.....

bushy

Likes Bikes
I watched the show and couldn't stop laughing. What a load..? It's just the next stupid gimmick that someone (who is not even in the bike industry to begin with) has come up with to make money. Although I can't see him making much.

They said it's more like "snowboarding" than riding a bike. Why? Simply because you lean more than a normal bike. Sorry, but leaning doesn't make riding a bike like snowboarding.

Verdict: very poor idea

crabapple hitz

Likes Dirt
Don't you find it funny that crud like this always appears right before christmas.
It's just another winged skateboard/razor scooter peice of poo designed to make some one a heap of cash from gullable people in the shortest period of time.
Hang on, now I've said that I actually think it's genius.

ashhash

Likes Dirt
i can't see them ever catching on. for starters its hideously ugly
I agree.
I dont care if it handled like a demon theres no fucking way you would see me on that thing :p

I feel sorry for the old dude who bought the rights to the design, the fellah who sold it to him would be cheering :D

Robza

Likes Bikes
Yes it would be pretty hard to take it of road and stuff but it yould be pretty fun to ride around on i wanna see someone do one up

ride dirt

Cannon Fodder
i also rode one at the bike show and they are crap. it has the worst turning circle so if when u turn hard the fron just skids or goes on two wheels

Den-Den

Likes Bikes
Funny thing was that I saw parts of the front end fly off it whilst being cornered in the demo area of the Bike Show in Sydney. Pretty funny shit! Couldn't pay me to throw a leg over it, but hey horses for courses right?

Dan.

Farkin guerilla
i rode one at the bicycle australia show
you would not believe how shit the steering on that thing is you cant steer you have to lean
it the lamest thing ive ever seen