Search results

1. M

WEMBO World Solo 24Hr Website Open

I thought Jess had finished 24 solos? Good job all the Aussies over there!
  2. M

Where to get bulk cheap water bottles?

coz endura/staminade is impossible to get out of a camelback...and probably breeds all sorts of nasties
  3. M

Why single speed for XC and trail riding - what am I missing?

my understanding is that if you have vertical dropouts, and dont want to use a tensioner (you probably should) then you will have to experiment with "the magic gear", which is a combination of chain length, front chainring and rear sprocket, to keep the chain adequately tensioned...I haven't...
  4. M

Why single speed for XC and trail riding - what am I missing?

There are a few posts around here about the 'vibe' of SS...I too was very skeptical (why would I want to work harder??!!) but I bought a cheap steel SS with cable brakes to travel with, as I was so sick of my dual suspension bike and the maintenance/things going wrong with it.... The best...
  5. M

NSW Cytek Ambrogio road bike -PRICE DROP-MUST BE SOLD!!!!

Bump for price drop....
  6. M

Commute from Ascot to Brisbane CBD

Cool site! Thanks for that
  7. M

Commute from Ascot to Brisbane CBD

Hi all, We will be moving to Brisbane in the next few weeks and am wondering on the best bike commute from Ascot, to the Brisbane CBD (Creek st specifically). Are there many bike paths/quiet streets? Any roads to avoid?? Any local advice much appreciated
  8. M

Pics added to description Pics added, cheers
  9. M

Item: Cytek Ambrogio road bike. Large size TT (C-C) 55 cm. Aluminium frame, carbon fork Location:Cronulla, Sydney Item Condition:Fair. Everything in good working order but the bike is well used. There is cable rub and a few scratches etc. There is a little bit of chipped paint on the underside...
  10. M

The stupid questions thread.

how do truck overheight warning systems work? On the Sydney Harbour tunnel entrance there is an elaborate system of signs and eventually a "water fountain stop sign" that is (I assume) automatically activated by a truck too high to enter the tunnel. If this is the case, how does this technology...
  11. M

a doctors degree is much more than $30 000!!! Just googled it though and sounds terrible, sorry to hear if you're suffering from it. The worst part is that it sounds like its only newly recognised/discovered, which means many doctors won't know about it/how to properly treat it. Plus it crosses...
  12. M

no problems, glad my $30 000 biology degree has come in handy!!!
  13. M

Tears taste salty because humans have "salty" body fluids ie. they contain various salts (sodium, magnesium etc) that help with osmoregulation, as well as signalling in the nervous system. We shouldnt drink "saltwater" (which I assume you mean seawater) because the concentration of seawater in...
  14. M

Best T.V show ever!!!

Breaking Bad Just finished Breaking Bad series 4---holy shiiit!!! Season 3 was a bit of a drag, but season 4 is Amazing....the last few episodes, I couldnt sit still....looking forward to where they go with series 5, as they could have pretty much wrapped it up after series 4....
  15. M

Movie character you would least like to mess with

my thoughts exactly, was just googling for his name
  16. M

Electronics help-solar power

nevermind, thanks for your help!! The project was a work side-project/interest of mine to track a remote item. However, I've found a device that has seven years battery life, so the power issue isn't such a problem anymore... Thanks anyway Cheers mg
  17. M

Electronics help-solar power

Hi all, For someone with no electronics experience, what are the difficulties involved with converting one of these to solar power: http://www.onsources.com/products/Mini-Realtime-GPS-GPRS-GSM-Spy-Vehicle-Tracker-Bug-Device.html They do come with an optional high capacity battery if...
  18. M

Is Strava putting other MTB Riders and the general public at risk?

the fact that this system is on the net and broadcast and attracts public fame/notoriety means a whole lot more peopler are going to be doing it...yes there are some people who have always done it, but this will attract a whole lot more people to it...people use to keep in touch with emails and...
  19. M

Is Strava putting other MTB Riders and the general public at risk?

sorry mate, but you're a dickhead...what makes you think you can stop descending at 50km/h (?) to give way to a kid coming around the corner or a bushwalker coming the other way....trails outside races are not race tracks....i dont ride in the royal NP proper anymore as there are so many blind...