Search results

1. P

Can someone help a bro out?

Hey, Does anyone have a FOX 36 VAN yellow or green spring floating about (2005-2010 version). Really need one or I'm going to have to buy a new set of forks.If anyone does have one, I'll pay money and postage. Can't buy them anymore :-/ PM or reply here. Thanks!
  2. P

Gearing for AM/ Sydney riding

Hi guys, Currently have a Saint drivetrain... 1 ring set-up with chain guide. My gearing is 36 X 11-32 with a short cage Saint mech (9 speed). Would I find it a lot easier if I changed to a 32 X 11-36 gearing for the riding around Sydney? I'm riding a specialized pitch and I am...
  3. P

Wanting to upgrade my crankset

Hi guys, Currently have a spec pitch with a saint crankset/e13 chain device set up. Quick question: Can I run saint rear mech with a triple chainring if I go to change my crankset to a double/triple ring set up such as SLX or will I have issues? Many thanks.
  4. P

Maroubra-Syd

Hey, Just checking if anyone is from around eastern beaches/ Maroubra who rides and wouldn't mind having someone clamp along with them at weekends. Just moved to Sydney a while back to undertake a PhD, currently residing in Balmain but looking to move to Eastern Beaches this weekend. Ride...
  5. P

Suspension seatpost service

sorry,its a dropper seatpost mate...
  6. P

Suspension seatpost service

Hi guys, I have a DNM asp-R seatpost, seems as if it's loosing pressure on my rides as it starts sagging at times.. I have googled and googled but can't find any instructions on how to service it. Does anyone have a clue about this model and how to go about it? If I can't service it I am...
  7. P

Shock eyelet bush

Hi, Can anyone help me? Based in NSW, looking for the dimensions of the bushes used in an x-fusion 09 o2r shock? Also where can I get bushes this size? Not from Aus so maybe some of you guys would know of somewhere cheap like an industrial bearing/bushes shop?
  8. P

Best tyres for...??

Evening guys, Was out for a ride on my new pitch today and I'm running 2.5 Maxxis minions (not the best for long hauls/climbs)...just wanted to find out what everyones opinion is? I mainly ride single track / descents and rocky/dry terrain. I'm looking for a tyre with a smaller size so that I...
  9. P

Bike shops in Sydney that sell...

haha...Red bruce, all good my friend, only a bit of banter! Found a shop near work which does one.. Bikebug. Thanks guys!
  10. P

Coming from the UK I've always referred the style as 'pisspot'...I guess it was the slang for the type of design. Cheers guys,great help.
  11. P

Thanks Dcrofty,appreciated. Can someone pass 'red'bruce a sanitary towel?
  12. P

Redbruce, I tried google as I usually do but I'm not finding what I'm looking for...just thought i'd get a quicker response here with someone who knows the city and the reputable shops rather than the overpriced ones,that's all...thanks for your contribution though, top marks.
  13. P

Hi guys, After a helmet and maybe a new riding top...does anyone know the best bike shops around Sydney CBD /inner suburbs that stock pisspot lids such as fox transitions? Kind of need it for the weekend. Many thanks.
  14. P

Hardtail or Dully for Sydney/NSW riding

Bit of a straight forward question but what kind of bike should I get being based in Sydney? I just moved here from the UK about 6 months ago and want to get back into riding. Mainly be used for DH, single track, xc type loops and some commuting. Any tips? Also if you can give me a run down...
  15. P

Advice needed: Mountain biking in Sydney / need riding buddies

Hi Danieleire, hope you get better soon. Glad to hear you live nearby. What do you ride and what kind of bike would you recommend for the trails around Sydney? I have my mind set on a long travel hardtail set up or an endure type bike. Let me know when you feel better. I should have a bike in...
  16. P

Really appreciate it mate. I haven't got a car though but i'd be willing to getting to places if there is a group going out. As I said I like the DH, I raced a bit back in the UK and Ireland, however past 5 years or so I've just ridden for fun. I do want a bike though that can climb and...
  17. P

Hi Chopsticks, It will be in marine biology my friend :) I am situated in Balmain currently but will prob move in a few weeks time. What about you?Where do you ride in Sydney?
  18. P

Hey Guys :welcoming: , I have just recently moved to Sydney from the UK as I am starting my Ph.D here in a few months. I rode DH and freeride back home and sold up before coming out. As I have now established a decent income from a current job I am looking to purchase a new bike in the...