Search results

1. S

VIC Xc 29er hardtail complete or frame m/l

Yeti Big Top I'm wanting to sell my Yeti Big Top. Alloy and Carbon rear end. Size medium/18" Slx components New Xt wheelset $1500 Or $1100 with some Giant/Shimano wheels.
  2. S

VIC SOLDMelb: Yeti ASR-C Medium 2010 Price Drop!

Price drop $1900 Can include pedals, either Look Quartz or Ive got some eggbeaters laying around somewhere you can have.
  3. S

VIC SOLDMelb: Yeti ASR-C Medium 2010 Price Drop!

SOLD tem: Yeti ASR-C(arbon) Medium frame Location: Brunswick, Melbourne Item Condition: Very good Reason for selling: lack of use - A bicycle unridden is a bicycle not cherished and a bicycle uncherished is perhaps the saddest thing unimaginable. Price and price conditions: $2000 without...
  4. S

Charity Rides

I signed up to do the Ride to Conquer Cancer this year. Had the same opinion about their hardline requirements towards fundraising last year, but then a close friend of mine got the cancer and was treated (really very well) by The Peter Mac Hospital, so I thought stuff it, this time it's...
  5. S

Thoughts around the 27.5 thing

I wonder whether all the bike shop owners around the world gave off a great big communal groan when they realised they'd have to make room for another range of forks, rims, wheels, tubes, tyres, spokes (?) etc... I only recently bought a 29er and it seemed like about a day later when I found...
  6. S

Pub Trivia - AKA things that may be beyond the scope of Moorey’s knowledge

Speaking of paying attention, totally missed the correct answer there. I better stay out of the intelligent thread from now on.
  7. S

Doh! I should pay mpre attention to these things. If I said "some kind of swiss bank" would that be in the ball park???
  8. S

Rabobank? They can afford to sponsor a bike team so they must be loaded!!!
  9. S

You know you're getting old when ...

Absolutely! I'm only happy when I'm being miserable and complaining!
  10. S

Cold, cold, black heart??? Oh, you've met my wife then.
  11. S

I'm sure this is something "only other vets could understand": I've been knocked out of action the last week due to severe old-mans-back syndrome. Meanwhile, my shiny new Sidi shoes finally arrived in the mail. My wife found it very amusing to take photos of me laying in bed wearing my new...
  12. S

When a weekend on the couch taking drugs is all about pain killers not brain killers.
  13. S

Sorry for the delay: Bugs bunny was always getting lost because he should have taken a left turn at what City?? (And you must be able to spell it correctly!!)
  14. S

Before they went out for a night of the old ultra violence!!
  15. S

Clockwork Orange?? Pretty sure Alex and his Droogies were always getting off their tits on Moloko Plus to "sharpen them up"
  16. S

Recommendations on Mech disc brakes?

Ok so I didn't realise there's different calipers for brifters (like I've got on my cx steed) and flat bar levers. How would I know the diff when traulling the net? My current BB5's are both marked 'BB5 R' is that R for road??? (Please don't shoot me down if that's a dumb question!!!)
  17. S

Thank you all, I believe the people have spoken and the answer is clear. Now who's got a spare pair???
  18. S

The Avid bb5 disc brakes on my cx bike are getting close to replacement time. Does anyone have anyone recommendations on mech/cable disc brakes?? I have seen lots of good stuff written about BB7's. Are they pretty much the only choice? Cheers!
  19. S

Professional help for bones & muscles ?

Yoga! You seek Yoga! I'm in my forties, much as it saddens me, and the only thing I've found that keeps the aches and pains and clicks and cracks and other various noises at bay is regular yoga sessions. Once a week will help, twice even better. Keeps the sore back in check when riding too...
  20. S

yeti sb 95

Wow! That is one sweeeet looking ride. I just bought a slightly used Big Top and now I'm wishing I'd saved my pennies for a few more months/years...Not that there's anything wrong with the Big Top but.....