Search results

1. J

Advice on unwanted insurance replacement bike

I'm sorting out replacing a couple of stolen bikes with our insurance company. I have no interest in one of the replacement bikes (value is >$5000) and I'm looking for tips on what to do. Basically, I'll probably never ride the bike or even have it built up and will look to sell it straight...
  2. J

STOLEN Niner Jet 9, small, black

Bike: Niner Jet 9 Colour: black Date it was stolen: 6/11/2017 Where it was stolen: Mount Stuart, Hobart, TAS Specs: small frame Other Descriptions: Fox fork (white), Crank brother stem, blue pedals, Race Face pedals (blue) Pictures: see below Another awesome bike. Help us get it back...
  3. J

STOLEN STOLEN: Banshee Paradox hardtail, black, Hobart TAS

Bike: Banshee Paradox, hardtail Colour: black Date it was stolen: 6/11/2017 Where it was stolen: Mount Stuart, Hobart, TAS Specs: med frame size, white Rock Shox fork, Rock Shox reverbe seat post, Crank Brothers Candy pedals (black) Pictures: see below Awesome bike, help me get it back...
  4. J

Bar ends

Bar ends for mountain biking, what happened? I still use mine whenever climbing but they seem to have gone to the wayside on new bikes. What's the deal?
  5. J

Buying a hardtail 29er

I'm looking to buy a hardtail 29er. Mostly I ride xc socially with loads of single track, serious climbing, technical downhills blah blah blah. No racing. Current bike is an old Kona Blast, circa 2002. I removed the Rock Shox years ago and replaced with a stock hard fork. So I'm used to a...
  6. J

Hi from Hobart

Hey dudes. Have got back into regular mountain biking recently after years of hiatus and have been totally loving it. Amazed at all the quality tracks that have popped up in the Hobart surrounds. Have been loitering around here on this forum mostly because I'm on the look out for a new xc bike...