Search results

1. J

Sold Cane Creek DBair IL 200x57

The IL body/damper can be converted to coil. Most of the major CaneCreek service centres can do it. Price includes a service so if you do it when you need a service anyway it works out fairly reasonable. I’m going to do it when my shock is due.
  2. J

Sold Cane Creek DBair IL 200x57

You know you can just covert the air to coil?
  3. J

hope tech3 lever throw-bleeding

I’ve got one piston on my E4’s that’s always been sticky. The only thing that’s worked on it is red rubber grease. https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/herschell-herschell-red-rubber-grease-tube---100g/402031.html I should probably replace the seal but seems like a big job so I just add some of...
  4. J

Chain reaction cycles

Yes, just waiting for the response
  5. J

Chain reaction cycles

Still not shipped...
  6. J

Chain reaction cycles

Anyone noticed the weird shipping pricing going on at CRC? I don’t ever order under the free delivery limit, but noticed a Shimano XT BB wanted $77 to ship. Similar on some other parts. Also, the Shimano parts from my last order still haven’t shipped after 5 days....
  7. J

Chain reaction cycles

I’ve just ordered from CRC and included 2 Shimano BB’s. Had them in my basket before the block and they disappeared. Added them again after the 4th and they seemed to be the same price. Got dispatch confirmation yesterday for everything except the Shimano parts - I suspect they’ll be sent from...
  8. J

Product Review Apparel from DHaRCO

How is the length of the jerseys these days? I’ve got a 3/4 jersey I bought a couple of years ago (the 3/4 seem to be hard to come by now) and the only thing I don’t like about it is that it’s cut pretty short on the length
  9. J

hope 35w rear wheel, anyone got any feedback?

I’ve got a set on the hardtail. They’ve taken plenty of abuse and still true and no dings. Roll a lot faster than they feel they should as well. I like them.
  10. J

Tubeless repair

Agree with everything you said except for this. If you’ve done everything else right you only need a finger tight valve and in fact you can create a leak path by over tightening and damaging the rubber on the valve. It’ll also save you a shit load of frustration if you need to remove the valve...
  11. J

Fox Proframe

As per previous replies, if you’re a large in the flux I’d be amazed if you were anything smaller than a large in the Proframe. Great helmet btw, lot of excitement over the TLD but I can’t see how it could be significantly better
  12. J

Helmets for the casual huckwit

Proframe is $249 at TBE. Doesn’t sound too unreasonable and you’ll appreciate the extra ventilation. I’ve owned an Urge open helmet before with similar vents. Wasn’t bad for ventilation but if it’s a priority for you then the fox will be better
  13. J

Chinese Carbon handlebars under $100

It’s not even that big a saving. Don’t know why you’d take the risk.
  14. J

New chain crunchy noises

Might be a stupid question, but is you chain aligned correctly with the narrow/wide teeth? The reason I ask is I recently got my bike back from a service and the shop replaced the chain. It was really noisy like you described. Turns out they’d installed the chain so the narrow part was on the...
  15. J

BIKE RACKS AND CARRIERS FOR CARS MEGATHREAD - all questions asked and answered here

I had that Thule carrier for a while. It did the job but ultimately I upgraded to a hitch mount. Strength wise, no issues at all with two bikes for the carrier or spare wheel. It’s pretty well built. However, if you have anything but a hardtail with a large front triangle, the mounting bars...
  16. J

Maxxis trail tyre combo...

They’re really tall if that makes sense. Not necessarily super wide but stand off a long way from the rim
  17. J

Maxxis trail tyre combo...

I found the same with the tomahawk. Really liked the tyre and the side knobs grip well. But the life of it is just horrific. Also agree with the ardent. Can’t understand how anyone likes that tyre
  18. J

Hope caliper pistons

Oh and I wouldn’t go down the the alu piston route - those things will overheat just looking at them
  19. J

Hope caliper pistons

Won’t help you much right now, but just for comparison when I had a sticky piston on a set of 3 year old Hopes I emailed them for advice and they sent me a full seal kit free of charge. Shimano’s view on customer service is that you should just buy a full new set. You’ll appreciate having Hope...