hope 35w rear wheel, anyone got any feedback?

bowtajzane

Likes Dirt
i need a new rear wheel, as learning how to jump and ride more technical trails has left it looking more like a dodecahedron than a circle....
just after any experiences.....
Thanks....

ChrisJC

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i need a new rear wheel, as learning how to jump and ride more technical trails has left it looking more like a dodecahedron than a circle....
just after any experiences.....
Thanks....
I remember reading reviews on CRC and they weren’t glowing! Pretty soft rims apparently! A hope hub with a Flow mk3 rim... beaudifulll...

moorey

call me Mia
I’ve got a set. Felix dented first ride. He does that to every rim. 8 months on, no worse.
I’m replacing them for him with the hopeDH.
I still prefer Flow for all round use. If you’re not running a big tyre, not much point to them.

moorey

call me Mia
I remember reading reviews on CRC and they weren’t glowing! Pretty soft rims apparently! A hope hub with a Flow mk3 rim... beaudifulll...
They’re not a DH rim, that’s for sure. I like them a lot...but designed for the plus tyre fad.

Joe_MTB

Likes Dirt
I’ve got a set on the hardtail. They’ve taken plenty of abuse and still true and no dings. Roll a lot faster than they feel they should as well. I like them.

teK--

Eats Squid
Yeah haven't heard great things about the Hope W35 rim.. except maybe from connoiseurs of fine cheeses.

Boomking has a set though and they are doing OK... maybe his were an anomoly? :eek:

If your rear hub is still in good condition maybe get it rebuilt with a DT EX471 or EX511, depending if you want a 25 or 30mm wide rim.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have run a couple of these wheelsets. One held up fine and the other I got a few small dings in the rear. Ran both with 2.5wt and 2.6 Maxxis rubber. I reckon the damage was due to running pressures too low though. Probably would go the tech dh in the future.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I have a set with no issues at all, I'm running them on the Rune with 2.5 WT Maxxis rubber.