Search results

1. noddy

Twisted helmet straps

Hey all I have a delema. Bought a new TLD A1 helmet after destroying my old MET of many years, I can't for the life of me get the straps to sit flat and comfortable against my head. I want to know how to stretch/mould the straps so they lay flat, I assume they're nylon. Ive had it for 3...
  2. noddy

QLD 2010+ boxxer lowers or 2005 888RC lowers.

Item/s: 2010+ boxxer lowers or 2005 888rc lowers. Location: To Townsville Price range/Willing to Pay: give me a number. Extra Info: bent 888 lowers, snapped boxxer lowers, have the upper bits of both forks in GC, so either set of lowers would get me out of trouble.
  3. noddy

QLD Sold

Item: Propain Rage 2012 Location: Townsville Item Condition: All GWC, rear wheel has a few dings. Reason for selling: been sitting around too long Price and price conditions: 1300 + post Extra Info: Size M, Elka stg5 shock, 2008 boxxer teams, formula theone brakes, saint running gear. comes...
  4. noddy

Steel toe boots for riding, flat sole?

Fed up with 510 and their declining quality, looking into steelcaps since I also need a new set of them soon, I know the rubber isn't quite as grippy but its still fairly good, waterproof, steel toe protection and usualy high quality. only issue is the weid feeling of the raised heel... so...
  5. noddy

Manitou Drake coil spring OD

I'm chasing a value on Manitou Drake coil spring OD for a different fork, anyone have a set out there who doesn't mind checking it for me?
  6. noddy

more powerful brakes.

Alright then, I'm having issues with brakes. I currently use shimano saints (M810) with 785 XT levers. I did think it was just my brakes wern't gripping but after riding a few others (formula, codes, other saints) its not the brake its me, I want more power. Also i'm not a massive fan of...
  7. noddy

WTB: Magura Gustav caliper

Item: Magura Gustav M caliper Location: AUS wide, I'm in Townsville Price: throw me a number and i'll see if i can justify it. Extra info: I'm probably one of the few who doesn't think saints are powerful enough for DH, the only brake to my knowlege with potential to be more powerful is...
  8. noddy

Commencal Stock Handlebars V3 angles.

Hey all, I'm looking for info on the stock Commencal V3 handlebars. mostly i'm intrested in knowing the sweep/rise. putting them up to renthals i'ld say they are in the 8/9 deg backsweep range (renthals have 7) but i would like to know for sure. I cant seem to find any info on them...
  9. noddy

shimano XT brakes, alternative levers DH, changing bite point

Righto, so I bought new XT levers for my old saint calipers, when they work they are powerful however the bite point seems to constantly change. I have bleed and re-bled them, changed the bite point adjusters, instructions to a T and various other methods which work on any other brake. Not this...
  10. noddy

Sold

Item: 2013 Fox 40 R Location: Townsville Item Condition: almost new, some cosmetic marks on lowers. Reason for selling: Boxxer WC Price and price conditions: sold Extra Info: can supply blue (med) or green (hard) spring, comes with adaptor for 8in rotors. Pictures: yep
  11. noddy

Commencial V3

Hey, chuckin up some pics of my recent aquisition, 2013 Commencial V3. I bought the complete bike but nearly everything has been swapped out bar front wheel, gears and rotors, rides like my old orange 222 except it actually absorbs bumps, super fun and playful, stoked thanks to OffTheBrakes...
  12. noddy

RC4 IFP diameter

Hey all, I'm chasing figures for the RC4 IFP diameter and possibly the volume adjust piston insertion depths at either extreme. I would measure this myself exept I don't have a thin 32mm spanner to open the resovoir. So if anyone else has the same OCD as i have around suspension might have those...
  13. noddy

MTB World cup coverage

Hey, reading the redbull website is would seem that only elite men and women will be shown, I want to know if there is another site/way to see the U19 class race runs live?
  14. noddy

Shimano M596 brakes for DH (better than SLX M665?)

Hey, I'm checking out the new Deore Brakes M596, I want to try the new lever style, I'm coming from M665 SLX and they're cheap as. Is anyone running them for DH? how do they go?
  15. noddy

3 Bikes Stolen 25/6/12 Townsville

Had 3 Mtb's Stolen last night from Castle Hill, Townsville. Belived the theives jumped the fence and broke in through rear garage door (screen mesh cut), then proceded out through front door unlocking it from the inside. Bloody brazen to say the least. Bikes stolen were: Orange 222, quite...
  16. noddy

Orange 224 vs .....

Hey all, I've recently finnished uni and have a job, hence I finaly have some coin to spend on a new DH rig. I've been getting by on my 2003 Orange 222 for 6 years now, I race local Elite class and consider myself competitive. For a long time I said I want a 224. Simply because my 222 has...
  17. noddy

XT WH-M775 race wheelset hub pawls.

Hey everyone, I have snapped all the pawls in my XT rear hub, its the pull spoke version used in the WH-M775 race wheelset. I'm having trouble finding any replacement pawls. I want to know if the pawls from a standard XT hub would be the same, I can get a whole hub for ~$50 and am considering...
  18. noddy

shimano brake pads and rain

I've been entirly happy with my SLX and Saint brakes on my DH bike, in the dry. but due to rain up in my area they have completly gone to shit, saint front brake locking on tarmac yesterday, can't even endo in the rain. I assume its somthing to do with the pad material. theres plenty left on...
  19. noddy

Townsville Pump track

This is the pump track me and my mate's have been building over a while, its built on a friends grandads spare block behind his house, still more to be done but hopefully it'll give some ideas.
  20. noddy

Changing Movie File Type??? (technical question)

Hi, I have a camera that loads videos onto the computer as a .mov file type and my movie maker wont let me edit that type of file as it just comes up with a black screen. I was wondering if there was any kind of free program that lets you convert .mov files to .avi files or anything else that...