Search results

1. rail_rider2004

2012 NT DH Titles - who said Alice is flat :)

Dont forget to checkout this months AMB (out tomorrow i believe??) for the full write up on how the day went down! (38degree heat and no shuttle to the top of the hill... thats DH in the NT!) Cheers. -Bart
  2. rail_rider2004

Ingkerreke Mountain Bike Enduro - Alice Springs

For some photos of the event, head on over to the thread here: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?243667-XC-Ingkerreke-Mountain-Bike-Enduro-2012-Alice-Springs
  3. rail_rider2004

XC: Ingkerreke Mountain Bike Enduro 2012 - Alice Springs

i dont think there is another thread from this event, so add more pics here if you have them!!!
  4. rail_rider2004

XC: Ingkerreke Mountain Bike Enduro 2012 - Alice Springs

The Ingkerreke Commercial Mountain Bike Enduro finished up last weekend in Alice Springs. There week was perfect for riding, cool mornings and mild afternoons, and even the night stage was the most ideal weather you could hope for, and the whole race set in some of the best scenery Alice Springs...
  5. rail_rider2004

2012 NT DH Titles - who said Alice is flat :D

whoa. this thread started without me! thanks for the feedback everyone! Dont forget to checkout this months AMB (out tomorrow i believe??) for the full write up on how the day went down! (38degree heat and no shuttle to the top of the hill... thats DH in the NT!) Cheers. -Bart JP hooking...
  6. rail_rider2004

Riding in the Centre

ha, cheers. i hadnt even noticed! it is just a log. i think i was using it for a DIY tripod for my a GoPro, and left it in frame.
  7. rail_rider2004

braaaaaaaaap the whip thread. no dialup allowed.

Neileo you little whipper! there is a sound of a cracking stockmans whip every time he does a jump... more pics of that track here: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?222499-Riding-in-the-Centre
  8. rail_rider2004

Riding in the Centre

I use a Canon 7D, with either a 10-22mm or 24-105mm lens, and obviously some post-processing done in Adobe Lightroom. its a good program that one! Ha, yeh Kym, they are up here. and i sent them on to Liam for the Shifty site too! Its usually pretty hot in armour up here, but after this...
  9. rail_rider2004

Riding in the Centre

Here is some extras from the last few weekends out on the hill. Joe on the last jump Liam ripping the last berm to bits. - always wear a helmet kids! Kym having a go at the same Liam on the second to last corner JP
  10. rail_rider2004

Riding in the Centre

Cheers, Na, these were taken in jpg. i haven't really played around with raw much. Just for day-to-day photos the benefits of raw don't out weigh the file size if you ask me. All these were edited in Lightroom, but the only changes were really to the contrast, blacks (shadows) and slight...
  11. rail_rider2004

A short DH track in NT(alice springs)

A few of the local crew have just started putting some time in on the shovels lately. Head up behind the scout hall and look around. see pics here: http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?222499-Riding-in-the-Centre
  12. rail_rider2004

Riding in the Centre

As far as a riding destination goes, Alice Springs doesn't usually conjure up thoughts of huge mountains, flowing downhill and freeride trails. Thats the exact reason i offloaded my DH rig and invested in an All Mountain ride (i couldnt bring my self to buy an XC bike!) when i moved from Tas up...
  13. rail_rider2004

STOLEN BIKE RETURNED *UPDATE 07/03* Please pick a charity!!!

Truly awesome effort Peachy. Ive been away from Rotorburn for a while, (Farkin when i was last about), but seeing this thread makes me stoked that i looked back in on here. Legend.
  14. rail_rider2004

CRC issue

Cheers for the heads up. i had a couple of orders from them in February. All went smoothly. (quicker then shipping from Aus where i live!) and no sign of any CCard problems. Lets hope it stays that way!
  15. rail_rider2004

DH in Tassie

jump on over to www.pedalbite.com there is a few trail reviews and locations on there. there are plenty of trails around hobart, some on the mountain, and over in the hills on the eastern shore. the Glenorchy MTB park is also worth getting out to. Up north, there are more trails in and...
  16. rail_rider2004

Scouts, IT IS GOOD FUN!

im not in for an e-war here, cos frankly id rather be doing other things, but im stepping onto Scblack's side here for a minute, but from the other direction. same goes for w2ttsy: not everyone, infact noone, in scouts goes around abducing kids in sacks, or starting random fires with...
  17. rail_rider2004

Your Rear Mud-Guard..

thats what i said. and i wouldnt have believed it unless ive seen it, but i have, and it seems to do an ok job. maby i need to get onto making one for myself.
  18. rail_rider2004

Sin City Helmet - OMG!!

that is amazing. The only thing i would change is Jessica Alba on the top of the lid instead, but thats just personal preference ;) some of these air brush designs are getting crazy! top work!!
  19. rail_rider2004

Sorry guys... Easter has been cancelled

"what?... only the chocolate ones?.....doh!"
  20. rail_rider2004

Inspirational quotes/phrases

there are a heap of quotes in Fight Club that are good: "I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom." "If you wake up at a different time and in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?" "On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero." "We are...