Inspirational quotes/phrases

Drizz

Likes Dirt
Found one for the forum:

"If your strength is small, don't carry heavy burdens. If your words are worthless, don't give advice."

Sewer Cider

Likes Bikes
"Life is what happens when you're making other plans" - Woody Allen

"You can't jump a chasm in 2 small leaps" - unknown

"Life is 99% what you make it, if you think life sucks, then YOU suck" Mike muir, Suicidal Tendencies

Q - "Conan, what is best in life?"
A - "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!"

Matty_P

Likes Dirt
Not inspirational but more observational:
"There's no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing"

'I'd like to procrastinate, but I can't be bothered ....' MattyP (some years ago):D

rail_rider2004

Likes Bikes
there are a heap of quotes in Fight Club that are good:

"I found freedom. Losing all hope was freedom."
"If you wake up at a different time and in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?"
"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
"We are defined by the choices we make"
"No fear. No distractions. The ability to let that which does not matter truly slide."
"First, you have to know that someday,you are going to die. Until you know that, you will be useless"
"its only after we have lost everything, that we are free to do anything"

and again. the one in my sig by the butterfly effect.

but like you said, "Pin it ya fairy!" ... great motivator that one!

TonyG

Likes Dirt
'If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation', David Brent in The Office

t

Likes Bikes and Dirt
one about peope and one about business;

"Hanlon's Razor says you should never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity"
- Dan Rutter

"The 20th Century mass production world was about dozens of markets of millions of people...
The 21st Century is all about millions of markets of dozens of people,"
- Joe Kraus.

jamit

Likes Dirt
I have used these in my business signature;

“One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; One who does not ask a question remains a fool forever”

Chinese Proverb

We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing”
George Bernard Shaw.

sossy

Saucier
Not too sure who these are by, but I like them none the less...

"Dream big dreams, then put on your overalls"

"Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask why not?"

"Fall seven times, stand up eight"

"I have never failed, not once, I have discovered thousands of ways not to do it" - Thomas Edison

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog" - No Fear

Tristan23

Farkin guerilla
"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps down new roads armed with nothing but their own vision" - Ayn Rand

"We are all writing the story of our own lives. It's not a story of conquest. It's a story of discovery" - Po Bronson

"What good is the view, without the journey?" - Anoop Lad

And anything that comes out of Tyler Durden's mouth pretty much.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
my personnel favorite
relates to pride and self worth

" its better to die on your feet, than live on your knees"
Possibly the most frequently mis-used and taken out of context quote ever.

It relates in NO WAY to pride or self worth.

It actually relates to revolution, and was used, perhaps most famously by Dolores Ibarruri, also known as La Pasionaria during the Spanish civil war. Her name is where the Midnight Oil song gets the "passion" part. Or so I'm led to believe.

The origin of the quote is attributed to Emiliano Zapata, the Mexican revolutionary sometime prior to his death in 1919, or a lesser known Mexican Revolutionary, Práxedis G. Guerrero, who was also killed in 1910.

In any case, it is better to live on your feet.

toodles

Wheel size expert
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds" Francis Bacon

"the brave may not live forever but the cautious don't live at all" Unknown

"friends are god's apology for the family He gave you"

"those who can - do, those who can't - criticise"

Hopper

Likes Dirt
"If you can dream it, you can do it" ~ Walt Disney

"Your goals can never be to high, aim for the moon, even if you miss you land among the stars" ~ W Clement Stone (ye I know it's corny)

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning." ~ Albert Einstein

"He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed." ~ Albert Einstein

"Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius-and a lot of courage-to move in the opposite direction" ~ Albert Einstein

My year 12 physics teacher told me heaps of Einstein quotes, he loved his work and is following in his footsteps (literally, he has mathematically proven the theory of relativity in two different ways)

A good light hearted quote, maybe not inspirational
"A friend will bail you out of gaol, a true friend will be sitting next you saying that was fun"

Knight

Likes Dirt
My signature...

And a combination of quotes I used: "The past is gone. Learn from it but don't try to change it. The future's unknown, make the most of it and more. The present never actually happens, its just a stream of right nows. So don't waste them.__________(feel free to add humourous statement along the lines of - so let's get outta here - if the situation is appropriate)".

Gudsell

Likes Dirt
"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible" Arthur C. Clarke

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall" Some Random

"A wise man learns by the mistakes of others,
a fool by his own"
Don't know, again.

"Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"
Harold R. McAlindon

"Try not to become a man of success but a man of value"
Albert Einstein

Ones I like, all from google.

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you