Search results

1. smasher29er

Steel regret

Has anyone bought a steel framed bike and regretted it? Like you just wished it was made from aluminum to be lighter? Yes I am aware that tons of people have bought and love their steel mountain bikes.
  2. smasher29er

Coil conversion vs coil fork

I want to switch to a coil fork, my options are A) buy a coil conversion (vorsprung) and change my lyrik ultimate to a coil, likely saving a few hundred grams and a couple hundred dollars or B) just buy a coil fork where the dampener and coil spring were designed together and sell the lyrik to...
  3. smasher29er

Chain ring clearance issue

I have searched the forums and not been able to sort out what to do. The problem: o_O So I seem to be having a clearance issue with my am9- chain ring hitting the chainstay slx 12s 30t cog mt800 BB (68-73mm) with one spacer on the drive side because mine is 73mm I am pretty much spot on 52mm...
  4. smasher29er

which brakes trp vs magura

So I am between the two brands and have reached this junction TRP: pro: plenty of places to order pads from, sturdy cons: no contact point adjustment, heavy Magura mt7 pro: contact point adjustment, light cons: Australian available parts seems very limited, concerns about breaking them help...