Search results

1. F

Brand new ( just out the wrapper!)

At least I’ll be “ all the gear, no idea” now!
  2. F

After much deliberation and discovering how much p!ss can be taken on prices for 2nd hand mtbs, I’ve bought a dually stumpjumper comp from LBS .Got pads , new helmet and couple of other bits too . Not had the chance to proper ride it yet but looking forward to it when I do. Cheers for the advice...
  3. F

Thanks for the advice. I’ll be looking at the fox then
  4. F

Hi Moorey, been on mtb direct from recommendation from another thread. Fox dirtpaw gloves for $40 on order. Again , no idea on pad type to get. Looking at some of the videos , I reckon cricket pads would be the way to go ! I’m 6ft with chicken legs so not sure of sizing, still finding my feet...
  5. F

Mate just bought the siskiu T8. Looking at that now.
  6. F

Thanks.FB is inundated with ads for Polygon bikes (since Big Brother saw my search history).Don't really know much about the brand but certainly in my price bracket. ☺
  7. F

What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Thought about it a lot whilst sitting on my arse in the office.
  8. F

Helmet sorted , definitely need pads and better gloves, as had road bike gloves ( that road bike fad was an expensive mistake! ) on recently but still saved a few layers of skin when I came off.
  9. F

Definitely re the pads as knees copped it last time I went over the bars! Was asking in chainbrain but no bike stock for demos in my price range. Going to go to Red Hill at some point on the weekend. Where’d you reckon get the pads etc? Getting expensive this malarkey, ‘spose it’s cheaper than a...
  10. F

Actually thought about that although I've never ridden a full suspension, so not able to compare them as yet. Not that my basic HT would be a good comparison I'm sure !
  11. F

Ha ha, that sounds like double Dutch to me at the mo, but expensive double Dutch !!!
  12. F

Sage advice. I’ve been trawling the ads and there’s loads on there but not knowing my arse from my elbow, I’m in the dark. Hopefully when things get back to normality there’ll be a lot more new on offer. As my mum used to say ‘ buy cheap , pay dear’. Glad I found this site!
  13. F

Good advice as I’ve seen the cost of servicing on the full suspension bikes. As a kid I’d put bikes together by getting old frames and wheels wherever I could find them. Bit different from the high tech stuff now.
  14. F

Thanks for the advice.I’ll stock up on band aids in the meantime. Cheers all.
  15. F

Was in CB today, proper bike envy. Guy was really helpful but other customers came in and never got time to be even more of a tyre kicker. Reckoned look at Norco Fluid in my price range. Cheers.
  16. F

G’Day All Wee bit scared coming on here as I’ve only got a Giant ATX1 HT but would like to get into the sport a bit more. Weekend warrior and I’m fortunate to live next to Red Hill ( seen a thread re another Red Hill user and will get on that thread , so I’m not a Billy no mates! ) Seeking...