$0 Fixie Build

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cost me nothing to build:)
Found it at a council clean up, didnt even have a flat tube or worn tyres, pretty stoked on that.
The frame is huge and with the seat slammed would roughly be the maximum seat height for me.
The back half of the bike is undercoated and so are the forks, its missing a few bolt which I had to ghetto repair, I dont have the tools to remove the old style cassette and I dont plan on waisting my time to do so, well, not any time soon.
Spokes are rusted, so are the cranks, but im not complaining.
Shes awefully loose cause its missing washers and bolts, but it does the job and im not spending any money on it.

Its a Colnago frame for anyone wondering.

Fixie by C........., on Flickr

Peace

bodgie

Likes Dirt
Shouldn't need a tensioner on it. Jut a couple of links out of the chain. Dropouts seem to have ample room for adjustment to get correct chain tension. But definitely get that chain tightened asap, I'd be scared riding it with that much slack. Other than that nice find.

83AST

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shouldn't need a tensioner on it. Jut a couple of links out of the chain. Dropouts seem to have ample room for adjustment to get correct chain tension. But definitely get that chain tightened asap, I'd be scared riding it with that much slack. Other than that nice find.
Its not as bad as it looks its got room to slide back, I just put it on quickly to ride around, its fine now.

Let me re-phrase now that I've read that. Ghetto!
Yep, thats the whole idea, keep it cheap, ghetto is how I like it;)

lachie.g

Likes Dirt
na that doesent work becaust when it gets someting caught in the chain it goes up a few gears and you have to cut the chain to get it undone

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Depending on the quality, vintage and condition of the frame it might actually sell for a few pennies.