04 C'dale

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have a look at the rear shock on the first (gemini i guess), it certainly looks like a swinger to me, which would indicate 2004 line up.

S.

ex offender
The one with the two shocks was an old proto tho, don't think it ever came into production. Overengineering at its finest.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Socket said:
The one with the two shocks was an old proto tho, don't think it ever came into production. Overengineering at its finest.
Yeah, Cannondale are good at that. Not that it doesn't have it's benefits.

S.

ex offender
wombat said:
Socket said:
Yeah, Cannondale are good at that. Not that it doesn't have it's benefits.
It has the benefit of being able to move backwards, forwards, wherever it needs to, but it has the major disadvantages of being weird under pedalling, and handling is no longer a constant... ie your wheelbase can change completely at random, which (if the effect is big enough) will make the bike handle weeeirdly.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Bloody Mexicans..... :roll: It was a general comment on the concept ofover engineering, not the original gemini concept. come to think of it, why did they keep the Gemini name for the bikes which don't have twin shocks?

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
wombat said:
Bloody Mexicans..... :roll: It was a general comment on the concept ofover engineering, not the original gemini concept. come to think of it, why did they keep the Gemini name for the bikes which don't have twin shocks?
because it is cool!

bazza

look at me
yer the gems are pretty sweet have riden one with shivers and damn did they feel heavy on it! but yeah they are awesome frames!!! and if anyone nocks em without riding one decently i will nock them!!! jks!

andrew

Likes Bikes and Dirt
you misunderstood my post..i was saying that the bike fuzzy showed wasnt an 04, and the ones i posted were

Ty

Eats Squid
isn't that the proto design that gemini name was based on? (gemini being twins and there being two shocks)