'04 FSR Stumpjumper..... bloody awful pedal bob !!!!!

SKT

Likes Dirt
I'm lovin' this bike but the pedal bob is bloody awful. I am running the Float R pretty soft at the moment and will play with the pressure's a bit but I think it's just an ordinary bike for pedal bob.

Has anyone ridden this bike for any extended period and sorted the bob out or atleast minimised it for medium to aggresive trail riding including climbs ???

MUGEN

Likes Bikes and Dirt
SKT said:
I am running the Float R pretty soft at the moment
mmmmm?
I ride an old fsr xc and its absolutly bob free, freakin awesome bike. Put more pressure in there dude.

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
I'm guessing this is where frame geometry and suspension set up come into it???

We've got a Trance 2 with the same rear shock and absolutely zero pedal bob.... mind you it has been set up precisely for the rider. i.e measured exactly, to the mm and %.

Also have a Norco with same rear shock and it does look to have a bit of bob when sprinting... still sorting out the front on that bike though.

I have 2 friends with stumpy's and they love them... and no pedal bob. One is an XC model other is womens freeride one.

SKT

Likes Dirt
BrumbyJack said:
I have 2 friends with stumpy's and they love them... and no pedal bob. One is an XC model other is womens freeride one.

Yeah.......... I reckon I have the pressure pretty low. Probably about 120-150lbs with me weighing about 190lbs. After a bit of Googleing a fair few riders weighing about 185lbs are running pressures between 180-210lbs.
Thats a fair difference.

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
We've got around 80-90 psi (I can't remember exactly) for a 40kg rider... on the Trance. It sprints like a hardtail.

EDIT: Which of course can be due to better geometry, as much as anything else.

Last edited:

SKT

Likes Dirt
BrumbyJack said:
We've got around 80-90 psi (I can't remember exactly) for a 40kg rider... on the Trance. It sprints like a hardtail.

EDIT: Which of course can be due to better geometry, as much as anythign else.
Yeah well I am 90kg + with gear...... Not to mention the Xmas pud :rolleyes: