05 santa cruz

man

Likes Dirt
Just wondering what the go is with the 2005 santa cruz range, i was browsing through pinkbike (i know :shock: ) and found i piccy of the new street ht frame they have put out, looks pretty shweet and i wouldnt mind lookin at pricing and availability.

any helps appreciated,
cheers.

Daver

Kung Fu Panda
judging by santa cruz's past, australia will be lucky to see the new range of monocoque bikes before 2006.

shorty

Likes Dirt
That street/jump bike is a custom prototype for Kirt...so it's unlike that it will ever be produced for the general public.

Also remember, up until recently, it was and possibly still is very difficult to acquire a VP-Free frame, even though they were in production!

But we can dream!

jungle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
v10

i think the 05 v10 is nathan rennies white one
weird looking frame
pics in silver wahoos photo gallery

cheers

mtb_man

Likes Dirt
It's my understanding that Santa Cruz have stopped putting out bikes with a desgination of '05 or '04 and just taken to releasing a new model when they're happy with it. Case in point, the VP-Free is really a '04.5 bike since they didn't start production of large quantities until May.

This was told me by the local SC dealer so i don't really have any reason to doubt him.

But check with the guys at pushi, they'd have the 411 on any SC happenings.

floody

Wheel size expert
I can't wait to see that hardtail go into production, its the coolest design I've seen yet. Here's hoping its not absofrickinlutelyridiculaciously expensive, if it goes production....
Shorty, what do you reckon companies normally build prototypes for?? I'd say given that it has been sighted at a major race either the frame or some fairly major elements of it will end up in a production bike.

shorty

Likes Dirt
floody said:
Shorty, what do you reckon companies normally build prototypes for?? I'd say given that it has been sighted at a major race either the frame or some fairly major elements of it will end up in a production bike.
Have you noticed the SCS Team Mtn X bike?? An overbuilt blur... which we will probably never see replace the current Blur, coz of added weight of the gussetting.... so i tend to think that the jump bike is their first attempt, which will be refined....by that time... everyone will have forgotten about Sea Otter 2004 and the new bikes!