05 Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper FSR 120

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
My 05 S-Works Stumpy, picked her up recently as a frame only and just built up using nearly all the bits from my Norco hardtail. The Norco had already copped a few upgrades that suited the stumpy and the rest is stock to be improved later, she's an absolute joy to ride, climbs and descends with confidence.

Attachments

DeBloot

Feeling old
That model has the Septune shock doesn't it. how do you find it? Do you play around with the settings and find they make much difference? Nice bike by the way.

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
That model has the Septune shock doesn't it. how do you find it? Do you play around with the settings and find they make much difference? Nice bike by the way.
Thanks, the septune was rebuilt before I picked up the frame which was great of the previous owner and I find it good. I only weigh 65kg so ride it open most of the time, on really long climbs I set the pro-pedal in the middle (3rd pos I think) and it pedals well and can't feel bob but an upgrade for the future would be an RP23, apparently they work even better.

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
Eeeeeewww. Riser bars and bar ends - very Greg Herbold circa 1990's.
They are there for pure function for endurance riding and climbing, I know they're not "cool" together but i'm 41 years old and don't care, changing hand positions matters more to me. In the future a set of Easton low rise ea50's will go on and if they're comfortable enough the bar ends will come off.

faz

Likes Dirt
I know what you mean. I was tempted to put bar ends on my riser but just couldn't bring myself to do it. So the flat went on and new bar ends are being sourced. I sort of miss the riser at the moment - that's until I get new bar ends.

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
The biggest problem with flats is they're too narrow, I want my bars to be 660mm wide (currently 630mm) all the flats I see are around 580mm. The eastons I mentioned are 680mm and can be cut down as my riding buddy has done, I tried his bars out and they are really nice to use, good angles and just enough flex.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Ahhh bushpilot,
Thank god i finally got you on to a dually,great bike mate,i still can't get it out of my head "stumpy-s-works",many happy trails ahead,and less flats.
Can't wait to see this bike when it's finished with everything you want on it!
Larssens,ea50 lo riser,juicy 7's(hehehe).
By the way,that chain shortening has done the trick!
If any cares to read this post,Bushpilot is an absolute magician with bikes,helped build my bike and i have seen him fix things with sheer patience and wizardry that embarreses me!!
Welcome to the "specialized" club brother!

bushpilot

Likes Dirt
Thanks mate your gonna give me a swollen head for sure. The bike rides really well i'm hooked on it and I got a great deal of pleasure working on yours cos I love epics ! and besides your a good bloke who treats his bike with respect, that's gotta be worth a lot.
After some of the machinery I have to work on bikes seem pretty easy and much more fun, they can give back when you get them right.:D

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Thanks mate your gonna give me a swollen head for sure. The bike rides really well i'm hooked on it and I got a great deal of pleasure working on yours cos I love epics ! and besides your a good bloke who treats his bike with respect, that's gotta be worth a lot.
After some of the machinery I have to work on bikes seem pretty easy and much more fun, they can give back when you get them right.:D
My dream(crusade) is to make every body look after and treat there bikes with respect!!!