06 sasquatch frame size

robbyloveday

Likes Dirt
hi boys and girls,
i recently laid down a deposit on a 06 Sasquatch (medium frame) at lifecycles.
I have been reading some reviews and it seems as though i should be getting a large frame, I am just over 6 foot. Anyone know anything on the subject on the 06 norco frames.
Thanks

Dwnhll 4evr

Likes Dirt
Hey mate, I just laid down a deposit on a medium 06 Manik at Belrose Bicycles, cool ehh?
Anyway the 06 Manik and the Sasquatch share the same frame and here are all the specifications for a medium size frame.

Seat tube length (mm) 420
Head tube angle (°) 67
Seat tube angle (°) 71
Theoretical top tube (mm) 595
Top tube length (mm) 570
Head tube length (mm) 125
Fork length (mm) 538
Bottom bracket height (mm) 330
Stand over height (mm) 788
Wheel base (mm) 1107
Front centre (mm) 688
Rear centre (mm) 420

I am 5'8 and I tried a large and it was just way too big. A medium is just fine for me.
I'm not very sure if that helps at all.

Cletus

Likes Dirt
downhill forever- im 5,10 and ride a small sasquach and its perfect, i think a medium is way to big for me to jump and even if i was a giant i still would only get the medium as the large i think is just unjumpable. my 6 2 mate has a medium sasy but he'd rather ride my bike for jumping.

buss_driver

Likes Dirt
I'm 6,6'1 and i used to ride a small P3 and it was a really good size for jumping and DH, plus small frames just look way better too.

Renegade

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It's all personal preferene. Get a large frame if you are a lazy bum and dont feel like cramping your knee's when riding home. But if your also doing jumps, freeride and like to throw your bike and/or yourself around, deffinately go a small or a medium at most. The best advice is not to read about what size you shall get, but to try them out for youself. Go to lifecycles and ask them to have a ride at the small and medium. Im not a small bloke for my size at 78kg's and like 5'9 or 10 or something and i ride a small and its fine. But always try them out for youself (p.s i wish i waited for the 06 sasquatches:( ) lol, cheers

Chris

Dwnhll 4evr

Likes Dirt
Where is lifecycles?
Can any one tell me wether I should change my order from a medium size Norco Manik to a small one if I am 5'8' tall?

gingerbreadman

Likes Dirt
g'day
i got my manik about two weeks ago and i got a medium im 6'1 and its still pretty big so if i was was you id probly go small.
I do tend to wack my knees every now and again but your a bit shorter than me, yer id go for the small

hope ive been of some help
anything you do you cant go wrong with a manik

im gettin a sassie and its gonna b alright im 6 foot 8 n im gettin a Large fram so its all good, u no drop off 4's, goin to whistler this year, and im gonna go out all hard n shit coz im proud to hav a hardtail!!!

Hamer

Likes Dirt
u no drop off 4's, goin to whistler this year, and im gonna go out all hard n shit coz im proud to hav a hardtail!!!
is it just me or does that make no sence at all?