06 Specialized SX Trail I

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
Yesterday I went out and purchased a 06 Specialized SX Trail I.

Picking it up today, got a pretty good deal on it too! Basically brand new from a local bike shop. The specs are great, but I will be swapping a few parts out!

I’ll post pics when I pick it up! But for the time being…

REAR SHOCK: 06 Fox DHX 4.0 Coil 9.0x2.75", rebound adjust, ProPedal adjust
FORK: Marzocchi 66F single clamp, 170mm travel, internal rebound adjust, alloy ST
STEM: Truvative Holzfeller
HANDLEBARS: Specialized OS Freeride
FRONT BRAKE: Avid Juicy 5 Hydraulic, 8" polygon rotor
REAR BRAKE: Avid Juicy 5 Hydraulic, 8" polygon rotor
BRAKE LEVERS: Avid Juicy 5
REAR DERAILLEUR: SRAM X-9 mid cage
SHIFT LEVERS: SRAM X-7 trigger
CASSETTE / FREEWHEEL: Shimano HG50, 9spd, 11/34
CHAIN: SRAM PC-971 w/Power Link
CRANKSET: Truvativ Holzfeller w/BlackSpire DS-1 Lexan Guide
BOTTOM BRACKET: Truvative Howitzer, outboard bearing
RIMS: Mavic EX325 disc
FRONT HUB: Specialized Disc, 20mm thru axle
REAR HUB Specialized Disc, 10mm bolt-on
SPOKES: DT Swiss 2.0mm stainless, brass nipples

_Ajax_

Likes Dirt
Sounds like you snapped up a bargain, i like the SX trails. Especially after i saw Matt Hunter ride one in seasons.

Looking forward to the photos.

floody

Wheel size expert
Photo taken by stalker?

Nice rig, I love the testbike colours with the glow in the dark decals. When you get a decent fork on board it should be a ripper. 36 Van would be ideal.

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
Oh, I didn't know the test bikes came in a different colour scheme?

I've covered up the test bike decals now anyway =)

The forks don't seem too bad to me. My only problems with the bike is (was) the grips...replaced those with some ODI lock ons and the chain device. I've already dropped the chain twice, so a new ethirteen is on the cards. I'm thinking I might bump the tyres up to 2.5s as well.

Apart from that, I Love the bike! It is so much better to ride then my old 05 Norco Shore.

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
I'll post up a pic later on when I find my camera cord...

Rocking some minor things, new pads, grips, 2.5 minion F and 2.5 High roller rear (super tackeys), Macneil 'Cinch' pedals...Got some 08 'Zocchi 66 RCVs on the cards.

Loving the bike more than ever. Dread to think what it weighs now...was 17.5kg before maxxis tyres haha.

Attachments

Last edited:

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
Some bling goodies just arrived.

Ano blue Octane one sealed headset, blue blackspire roller and blue slider.

I'll chuck some pics up later

Sadunicorn

Likes Dirt
looks heavy, got a weight?

i have just restored a 2006 super cross its a 4" travel version air,

I will be posting up spec list and photos shortly, either way nice to see a 2006 sx trail

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
Weight, comes in at around 17-18kg I think. I haven’t weighed it since putting minions on it.

I think if I switch to tubeless I can drop a lot of weight, but may just leave it how it is. It’s main duty at the moment is downhill so I’m not too fussed with weight, nor am I quick enough for it to be a big factor.

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
Newest addition to keep all the haters happy.

Shit phone pic.

Actually quite happy with how it feels...suprising actually as it was a big gamble!

pwadjo

Likes Bikes
Depending on your height, I would look at getting a pair of low rise bars on there. In fact now that I think about it I just took a pair of Giant own brand 750mm bars off my Glory brand new if you want them for a few quid?

DWNHLR01

Likes Dirt
bars were next on the cards...Was thinking of some wide diety bars.

Thanks for the offer mate but I'm gonna buy some locally so I can feel them.

banana.logic

Likes Bikes
Hey dual crowns on an enduro... I like it :p

I was considering doing a bit of the same to mine, but don't have the cash at the moment. Or at least getting a little more travel in the front, I've only got 130mm at the moment.

Oh and I put a set of low answers on mine about two months ago and it felt weird at first being that little bit lower but I love it now. But with you raising the front so much it won't be so dramatic I guess for you.

Last edited:

Yowie

Likes Dirt
bars were next on the cards...Was thinking of some wide diety bars.

Thanks for the offer mate but I'm gonna buy some locally so I can feel them.
I have Deity Black labels and D30's in the store if you want to have a feel Hal.