07 park edition making clunking noise????

strauss

Likes Dirt
just got my new a line park edition and noticed when im pedling its making like a clunking noise.. it is coming from either near the bottom bracket or near the rear cassette( im thinking towards the cassette)but not to sure having trouble picking where the noise is coming from...
has any one else experienced this noise...?
if so should i be worried is it a serious thing????:confused: :confused:

any help would be awesome
cheers:confused:

N

nate_1990

i would take it back to your lbs straight away
get them to make sure it is all good

Hamer

Likes Dirt
Its the cassette body, take it back to the shop where you got it from, they will sort you out (well, norco will).

strauss

Likes Dirt
thanks guys all check everything over tyonight.. and if still not better i'll take it back thanks for the help.

Beena

BSC Bikes
It's a known problem with the Syncros freewheel on all Park Editions. Some are just a click, some are slipping. New freewheels are on the way, should be available early Jan.

See your Norco dealer and they'll sort it out for you, just be nice and understanding with them and it will get sorted quick smart. It's as much of an issue for us as for customers. We held off letting the bikes out because of this issue! a real pain!

Suprez

Likes Dirt
It's a known problem with the Syncros freewheel on all Park Editions. Some are just a click, some are slipping. New freewheels are on the way, should be available early Jan.

See your Norco dealer and they'll sort it out for you, just be nice and understanding with them and it will get sorted quick smart. It's as much of an issue for us as for customers. We held off letting the bikes out because of this issue! a real pain!
As Beena said, its a known issue on not just the A-line PE but also other bikes in the norco range (shore etc.) using the Syncros rear hub. Talk to your lbs that you bought it from and they should sort you out with warranty. Its still rideable in the meantime (or so I was told) and it shouldnt cause anymore damage to anything by using it.

Cheers

luke.b

Formerly DH Maniac
Hmm, I'v got the same bike too.

Does any one know how they are going to fix the problem? Whole new hubs, new freewheel body? Which part is actually failing? Because I'd like to check it before I go for a ride.

And seeing's as we will have to wait till early January, I'm wanting to go for a ride or two for sure.

Derek Yates

Soul Rider
Syncros Hubs

Hi Guys,

I'm sure your shop has told you but we are getting new freehub bodies sent from Syncros in Canada. Marshall and the Syncros boys have been quick to get them out and the airfreight is due to arrive anytime. Keep in touch with your dealer.

Cheers,

Derek