08/09 National MTB Series Announced

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
I seem to recall Mt Beauty has a small car park, the pits area wasn't very big. They seemed to cope quite well.
Thanks to Trav and Brown Dog for posting from the trail/GMBC point of view.
I'll be there helping with any trail work required, and I will be there as a spectator watching in December from behind my lense.:D

Booost

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is this Stromlo's last year for National Champs?

Bring it to Illinbah is all I can say.

dishee

Squid
more yooees ragging

hey awesome to see so many positive vibes regarding the nat,s at youyangs in dec.i have been helping develop the park alongside trav,dave,pete,greg,for the past 5 years and i have had a lot of input into the old and new dh courses and xc tracks.its easy for you dh track critics to rag the s*#t out of the course,we know its never going to have the old school feel of beauty or abom,or the fun of long gully or barjarg but some of those tracks are over 10 years old so there wern,t imba guidelines back then or tracks like barjarg are on private land allowing the trail builders to have a bit more freedom.i think the youyangs bikepark is a great example of how we the trail builders can work together with parks to build imba sustainable trails while still incorporating the fun factor.we didnt have a lot of elevation to work with and have had to work under parks supervision,so we hav,nt had the freedom to to what we want,we are no means pro dh,rs and im proud of what we have acheived,although the 1st dh was a huck fest.anyhow my name is rod and i will be volenteering at the nats,so feel free to have bitch session to me,i will make sure i have my violin and a box of tissues for you,to all those who help out and appreciate the area for what it is.good luck on race day,cheers

Last edited:

Big Hill

Senior
Big things grow from little seeds

To all the baggers of the You Yangs, you probably wouldn't remember because you were still in nappies but here in Mount Beauty we started off with a track that virtually came straight down the side of the hill and into the paddock, no berms, no jumps basically straight down. As it was with Mount Beauty and other clubs that bit the bullet and decided to run a National Round I am bloody sure that the Geelong Mountain Bike club will endeavor to put on a great event and deserve encouragement not negativity.
As for the bagger with the limited vocabulary, I think your brain is dehydrated, get a life.
Go for it Geelong.
Peter Panozzo

Last edited:

CHADDY

Likes Bikes
To all the baggers of the You Yangs, you probably wouldn't remember because you were still in nappies but here in Mount Beauty we started off with a track that virtually came straight down the side of the hill and into the paddock, no berms, no jumps basically straight down. As it was with Mount Beauty and other clubs that bit the bullet and decided to run a National Round I am bloody sure that the Geelong Mountain Bike club will endeavor to put on a great event and deserve encouragement not negativity.
As for the bagger with the limited vocabulary, I think your brain is dehydrated, get a life.
Go for it Geelong.
Peter Panozzo
I second that. We will be supporting the Geelong round, and more than likely all the others.
Lets remember that this industry and more so, the racing side of things is tiny in the world of sports and rec.
It amazes me the infighting within our tiny community, but I also know that most of the unconstructive stuff in these forums is done by kids, who should spend more time a) working to pay for their riding and/or b) training for racing and/or c) just riding for fun and/or d) getting together with thier mates and looking for a way to make Australian Mountain biking better.
Keep the dream alive!

blayne&tim

Likes Dirt
Cant argue with that. I have personally never ridden You Yangs but i am sure, given the chance, they will put on a good show and have plenty of feedback to improve the tracks. I will personally support anyone who is prepared to put on a national round and to all those out there criticising organizers, have a go at organizing an event similar and then see what you think. Good advice from chaddy, if you have enough spare time to criticise others, you should be training or doing some work to help the sport grow.

See you all in adelaide

trouble

Likes Bikes and Dirt
umm wheres NSW..... I know people used to argue almost every round was in NSW but know technically there is not a single round...well canberra but you know....seriously, I had some thoughts of racing a whole series but that just went poof!

Ozza

Eats Squid
umm wheres NSW..... I know people used to argue almost every round was in NSW but know technically there is not a single round...well canberra but you know....seriously, I had some thoughts of racing a whole series but that just went poof!
I wouldnt let any WA rider read that.... they will explode!

muz_32

Likes Bikes
i was wondering if there is any entry forms out for the first 2 rounds of 4x, and the dates of them