08 Marzocchi 888rc3 wc fork Weight

.BP.

Likes Dirt
Hi

I had a quick search but could only find small amounts of information that wernt very helpful.

So i am getting new forks for my glory and am having trouble deciding what fork to go.It will either be a 08 888rc3 wc fork or a 09 Fox 40rc2.

I have changed my mind and am thinking about the 888 RC3 WC 2008 but am a bit confused on the weight. If anyone knows the actual weight or owns a pair and has an actual weight i would really appreciate if you could tell me.

Last edited:

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Used the 08 ATA's since they came out and no troubles yet. Still as strong as ever. Will be going through another season this year.

.BP.

Likes Dirt
I read abit about them coming with loose bushing is that the case or were they all fixed? and also i read about people having trouble with getting all the travel out of them.

This is all with the earlier batches particuarly on the norcos

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is all with the earlier batches particuarly on the norcos
There is your problem. Buy them stock on a bike and they are never as good as the aftermarket. Look at the Glory Freeride and totem combo a few years ago, the totems on them sucked.

MARKL

Eats Squid
I have the 07's on my Sunday and they seem to be excellent - only had it for a a couple of weeks so too soon to give an absolute judgement. Did run it at Stromlo last weekend though. A mate of mine also has the 08's on his Norco Team DH and reckons they are the best fork ever. They are stiff, plush and have more adjustments than you will ever know what to do with.

My dream fork was the 09 Boxxer WC's - if they offered a travel adjust, reason being the Sunday pedals so well that I thought if I could drop the travel back I could hang with the all mountain boys on some of my local trails. The 888's are the closest thing I could find to my dream spec - fraction heavier but not to bad. As for my intended use they are great though the BB height is getting a little low on the Sunday so I have to remember to run less sag when in this set up and time my pedaling better.

As for Stromlo it was fantastic and the fork felt right at home.

I am still playing around with the set up on mine and that is the biggest challenge by far. The Marzocchi guide is completly useless. You do need to run really low pressures in them. I am 90 kg and I am running around 65psi in the main chamber and around 90 in the PAR chamber. I got those settings off a guy on pinkbike and they seem reasonably close...

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
great fork- when they work. been covered a fair bit. try searching harder.

lots of problems, but SCV imports are great with wrnty repairs.

i now have the 09 40s and dont like them as much.

MJS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just got a set of 08 888 ATA WCs, and have taken them out for a couple of rides. First impressions. Amazingly good forks, I think some of Marzocchi's forks are highly under-rated. Plush Plush Plush, easy to set up, overall the best forks I have ridden, full stop.

.BP.

Likes Dirt
great fork- when they work. been covered a fair bit. try searching harder.

lots of problems, but SCV imports are great with wrnty repairs.

i now have the 09 40s and dont like them as much.
Yeah i know there's information about problems on here but its from the first few sets of the forks and not many people had time to test the forks. I am now asking because there should be some people who have been running the for a while now to get a true indication on how good they are and hold up to riding.

mr636

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i had them on my glory, and my room mate has them on his glory.
both sets f*$ked out and needed full rebuilding. these were both 08 sets bought new from a shop.
mine were rooted, so i got SCV to rebuild them and remove the PAR valve.
worked a treat after that.

my room mates blew the par valve, and generally died in the ASS!! well nad truely rooted. his were really inconsistant on the compression.
sometimes sweet as, other times would only use 6" of travel.
that seems to be the most common problem with them.
he has had his rebuilt and the par removed aswell. hasnt picked them up yet.

only problem with par removed, is you loose any form of bottom out adjustment.
means you may have to run slightly more air pressure than you normally would.

i havent heard of anyone getting this bushing problem.

has anyone used a set of 888 ATA WC's and not had a problem? anyone succefully running a set fully intact, lol.

im half thinking of getting rid of my 40s and going back to the 888s.

tupper

Likes Bikes and Dirt
has anyone used a set of 888 ATA WC's and not had a problem? anyone succefully running a set fully intact, lol.

I'm half thinking of getting rid of my 40s and going back to the 888s.
Not a problem with mine.. I prefer them to 40's.. But that's my choice, but I do stick by it. Boxxers do challenge it though.

.BP.

Likes Dirt
I have changed my mind and am thinking about the 888 RC3 WC 2008 but am a bit confused on the weight. If anyone knows the actual weight or owns a pair and has an actual weight i would really appreciate if you could tell me.