Trials 09 Control, my new ride

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've had this for a few weeks now, still playing with the bar height but so far it has been very nice to ride.

I find white bikes are very hard to photograph but here it is anyway.

Frame - 09 Echo Control
fork - Generic alloy with CrMo steerer
Handlebars - FUNN Full on
Stem - Bontrager
Headset - Chris King
Grips - Velo
Front brake - Hope Mono Trial
Rear brake - Magura HS33
Cranks - Middleburn RS7
Bashring - Heatsink
Chain - KMC kool
Pedals - Wellgo MG-1
Front hub - Chris King ISO Disc
Rear hub - Chris King Classic
Front rim - Tryall Single wall
Rear rim - Echo
Spokes - DT super comp
Nipples - DT
Tyres - Maxxis
Total weight - 10.0kg

Weight came out right on 10kg, thats about 600 - 700g lighter than my bike with the same parts and trust me you can really feel the diference when riding it!

I'm converting it to Front Free Wheel very soon and I'm confident I can get it down to 9.5kg pretty easy, I already have some Tryall cranks waiting to go on.

On the downside, cable routing is a bit shitty and it needs a half link to get proper chain tension and brake alignment. However the tension system works flawless even with just a quick release.

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Makes me want a trials bike mate. Its the only sort of bike I think I want but don't have. Inspiring. Expensive build?

Adamski

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Excuse my ignorance but what's front free wheel? is that some kinda trials thing? :confused:
Means you run a fixed cog at the back and have the freewheel mechanism in the cranks to provide better engagement and reliability.. Write up in the new Revolution mag.

jda

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks guys,

I already had all the parts on my old frame but I get most of my stuff from www.tartybikes.co.uk

Another advantage of the FFW is it distributes the weight more evenly on the bike, taking it away from the rear end.