09 NS Frames/Components availability and run-down

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
Hey Guys,

Just a heads up that next week we will be receiving our first shipment of 2009 NS frames and components!

We have been getting a lot of inquiries about the new gear from Farkin members so I have put together a little run down on the new gear and when it will be available!
For all the finer details check out the website www.ribbed.com.au and dont forget that everything is now available direct to keep prices down! check out the STORE now!

So here is a quick run down on the new bits!

Cheers,

Ben.

Frames:

2009 NS Majesty:

The Majesty frame is NS Bikes' new premium level dirt jump frame. It uses a new patented 4130 cromo tubing that sees the whole frame heat treated after the frame is welded. It uses no gussets, is oxodized internally and externally which keeps the frame from rusting!
26" Specific and only 2.2kg! - Available Febuary

2009 NS Capital 2:
The new Capital frame is nuts! It uses the same technology as the Majesty frame. With slammed chainstays and 24" specific geo, this thing is tight and whippy! And at only 2.09kg is possibly the lightest MTB-street frame on the market. And if thats not enough NS claim this is the strongest frame they have ever made!
24" specific, 2.09kg - Available Febuary

2009 NS Suburban:
This year sees some big changes in the Suburbans cromoly tubing. Using a special offset butted down tube with internally integrated gusset! (a mouthful i know! basically its damn strong where it needs to be) The rear end has been beefed up considerably and all V pivots and cable mounts are flush fitted - giving it a super clean look.
26" and 24" specific models 2.4kg - Available NOW

2009 NS Traffic:
This is a brand new frame in the NS range and is aimed to be the economical frame for DJ and Street. Its strong, light and uses very similar Geo to the Suburban (infact its rumoured that this is actually the 07 Suburban frame!) which is nuts considering the price! Even crazier is its made from double butted Japanese Sanko cromoly... unheard of in a frame of this price.
24/26" 2.6kg - Available NOW

2009 NS Surge:
Similar to last years frame but with a few geo upgrades. The Surge is NS Bikes all-rounder. This thing performs really well as a DH/FR/4X hardtail. Made out of 4130 cromoly and a much more advanced tubeset the Surge does away with its old heavy gussets and is perfectly matched to a 120-160mm fork and 26" wheels
26" wheels, 2.7kg - Available NOW

Forks:

2009 NS RNS 2:
The new RNS fork has taken MTB rigids to a new level. Forget the old-school heavy lumps of steel that some people call rigids. The new RNS uses custom triple butted 4130 cromoly blades, CNC machined and black oxodised steerer that is internally tapered. All this means that the new RNS is lighter than anything else on the market and a heap stronger too!
24/26" 1.18kg - Available NOW

2009 NS Fundamental 2:
The new Fundamental has also gone through some pretty serious changes for 2009. Basically its a slightly taller version of last years RNS fork! Tapered blades and CNC steerer with black oxodising. Oversized dropouts that are big enough and strong enough to be cut out to fit 14mm axles!
24/26" 1.45kg - Available NOW

Stem:

2009 NS Quark Pro:
Heavily re-designed for 2009 the Quark is lighter and stronger than ever. using a custom extrusion mold these stems are cold-forged before going into the CNC department for some serious machining internally and externally.
40mm long 0deg rise 190g - Available NOW

Pedal:

2009 NS Aireal:
These new pedals from NS are pretty exciting! Super low profile platforms that inclead 2 sealed bearings and a bush to ensure you wont blow them out.
400g (pair) - Available Febuary

Bars:

2009 NS Proof:
A brand new bar for NS the Proof is a 7050 Alloy bar designed to fill the gap between the District High and Low models. They come in a 3" rise and are 28" wide with a new-school relaxed geometry. The tubing is custom butted making them strong enough for DJ/Park yet nice and light!
310g - Available NOW

2009 NS District:
Well NS have completely re-vamped the District according to their pro-riders requests. Its now alot lighter, wider and with a little more back-sweep.
The new District feature new multi butting to keep them light even if they are uncut. with a 22.2 clamp-size and shims included you can use this bar with any MTB or BMX stem on the market.
500g - Available NOW

Hubs:

2009 NS Rotary 9:
This is the new high end front hub from NS. The Rotary 9 will fit into any Q/R or Rigid fork dropout. These things are bomb-proof, using a Ni-Cromo hollow axle and 7075 body and cones this is also one very light hub.
199g - Available Febuary

2009 NS Rotary 20:
A 20mm brakeless version for suspension fork users. No unnecessary hub shell machining making the hub weaker or heavier. Straight up no gimmicks. Ultra low flanges, lightweight & strong AL7075 hardware guarantee that your hub will not fail & will run smooth for a very long time. Check the special CNC'd 7075 cone nuts – pure quality!
170g

2009 NS Rotary Rear SS:
This hub is simply as good as MTB SS hubs get. It takes all the technology from BMX and brings it into the MTB scene like no other. No stupidly heavy axle nuts, weak driver bearings and bendable 3/8” axles for this hub.
NS have created this extremely light hub by machining any excess material from the shell, adding 7075 male clamp bolts, and running the latest bushing technology for the driver. This ensures that you wont have any driver bearings collapse, and extremely accurate engagement. Oh and if you were worried about strength, get this – NS have ensured you cant strip any cones with steel slip-ons. The hollow axle bolts use a super clean 17mm hex head to ensure max clamping force.
470g

Jervis

Likes Dirt
Expect an order for
1x Majesty frame
1x Proof bar
1x Quark Pro stem
1x Rotary hub front
1x Rotary hub rear

:cool:

NS own for 2009! All this stuff is awesome.

Trenton

Likes Dirt
May also want too............Check this $#!t out!

Metropolis1

The Metropolis 1 is a premium-level hardcore dirt jumping bike. The geometry and parts have been chosen by our top riders and the bike is ready to rip in pro level events straight out of the box. It’s built around a beautiful cromoly NS frame and features some amazing high-end components. This bike will be the choice for anyone who is serious about dirt jumping. One of best selling bikes in 2008!

Key features

- Compact geometry designed specifically for 26” wheels
- Lightweight 80 mm Marzocchi DJ 1 fork with alloy steer tube and 20mm axle
- Packed with high end parts - Kenda NPJ / SB8, sealed bearing hub, pivotal seatpost system
- SALT cranks from Wethepeople with 4 sealed bearing Euro bottom bracket
- 100% cromoly frame for strength and great ride quality with the same geo as Suburban 26
- Super compact drive train
- Hydraulic disc brake (rear)
- 20 mm sealed bearing front hub

More completes here! - http://www.ribbed.com.au/ns-bikes-completes2009

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The new Aireal pedals look the shizz

Got a price and what colours will be available??

Cheers Hells

patto_15

Wheel size expert
Have to say, i'm quite impressed! Good to see the bars have had a revamp.. =]

Looking the goods!!

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm still not a fan of the new districts. If I can't be bothered sending my bent Nempro bars to California for warranty, I might buy a pair of big districts and see how they feel.

Hellyeah

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah mate price will be $199, colours: red, black, white, grey, gold.
For all the pics of colours and options check the website www.ribbed.com.au
Damm that's expensive:eek:...... but they do look good.

The big question would be are they better than Straitline's which are a
excellent, excellent pedal and are 20 bucks cheaper ????

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
$170 for 20mm through axle
$130 for 9mm bolt up.

And the rear ones are $450!:eek:

Yeah rear ones are insane! they use an integrated bush in the driver! keeps everything really light and insanely strong. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for...

Ill post up pics of mine when I get it together on my bike.

Sputnick

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah rear ones are insane! they use an integrated bush in the driver! keeps everything really light and insanely strong. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for...

Ill post up pics of mine when I get it together on my bike.
Shit, i guess you do get what you pay for. Cant wait to see pics!

Trialsguy

Rhythm Imports
Any joy yet? ;)
Hey Guys,

Got the forks out today! holy crap they are sexy! and very light! Ill post up some pics!
The graphics are under the paint, but look pretty sick, they are very low key.
I also had a few ppl ask for steerer tube length - its 180mm