09 tcr advanced 1 help

jumphead

Likes Dirt
hey guys, just got a new TCR 1, i have not taken it for a ride just yet. Getting it set up in the garage today and realised that the wheels dont really spin all the free, they seem to slow down fairly quickly like there is resistance. I assume its just because the bearing are brand new, but i would love to know if thats acctually the case? thanks verry much?

THE WHEELS ARE KSYRIUM ELITES. thanks fellas

lincolnsydney

Likes Dirt
Front or rear or both?

If it's the rear only, then check to make sure the wheel is in the drop outs all the way and are centred in drop outs. Check to see if the drop outs are touching the lock ring at all. Mavic normally don't have spacing issues, so am surprised to hear of an issue with spacing. I've had Ksyriums SLs and they were great from the get go.

jumphead

Likes Dirt
just checked drop outs, there all good. like i said im hoping its because there brand new that they just need some movment to free them up.

Matt C

Likes Dirt
They should spin pretty freely. If you are only getting a few revolutions from a light spin by hand then the cones may need backing off. The lube/grease Mavic used in their freehubs from new is quite tacky and doesn't help either.
Having said all that, it is highly unlikely the cones are that tight that they are slowing the wheel down. I would pop back into the place you bought it and see what they say.

jumphead

Likes Dirt
Yer i bought it from work, (bicycle superstore) i set it up out the box myself. what i may do is bring it in with me next time and take a good look. i havnt even removed the wheels, im sure when i do ill sort it. just checking its not somthing basic ive missed. thanks guys