09 Update of Fatty's stable. GT,Ellsworth,Cannondale,Revenge,Giant

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Time for an update, things have changed a bit in two years. :)

08 20th Anniversary GT Zaskar Re-issue, details here.

03 GT DHi, stock except 521's, Azonic shorty deluxe stem, Sic race Bars & 800lb spring.

04 Ellsworth Moment, 08 Fox Float 32 RLC, X.O rear derailleur and shifters,Cross Max XL's, SIC Race bar, Element stem, Token Pyrotec carbon post,SDG Satellite Ti rail & leather,Race Face Deus XC cranks, PG990 cassette, Time ATAC XS pedals, Tubeless CrossMarks, Juicy 7's with 8" A2Z rotors, The 'one' bike and frigging light. (Parts have been upgraded so some of the pics are of the old spec)

01 GT Zaskar Team, SID's 63mm, full XTR, Easton EC90 riser bar. About 10kgs.

92 GT Zaskar LE, A project for me to work on. It's rideable right now and I love it but it needs a bit of restoration. It has had an easy life and should keep on kicking for a long while yet.

04 Cannondale R5000 Six13 DuraAce, stock except serfas Seca training tyres. Damn fast roady, not as light as CAAD8 but nicer to ride.

07 Revenge Industries Booze Cruz
An unusual addition to the stable I admit but it's kind of fitting really. Single speed, coaster brake, pearl green/brown paint, steel everything. Really interesting to ride, I can never get the smile off my face. Its actual quality is pretty ordinary but it gets me to the bottlo and the shops. The main selling point for me was of course the horn:)

08 Giant Anthem 2, Pretty much stock except upgraded XT levers, X-9 shifters and Derailleur, Race face cranks. (not pictured)

08 Giant CRX City, Stock except for Race Face Bar & Stem. My Commuter.

Not pictured;
99 GT XCR4000 x 2 One Red one Green
97 GT Rage roadie
95 GT RTS-2
97 GT Pantera
99 GT Zaskar LE

I've also just picked up an old (95-96) cro-mo GT Talera frame that will require some tlc and a lot of work, hopefully it will come up nicely.

I've just picked up another one :eek: this time a 96-97? GT Timberline rigid cro-mo bike that needs more attention. The Mrs is getting a little concerned.:p

Sold since this was first posted;

07 Giant Talon, Stock and very well looked after.
04 Kona Unit, mix of spare parts, Pub bike. Still love steel frames. Gooooone too.
06 Trek 6500. Stock standard. Gooooooooone, sold it and now back in Oz, thak God.
03 Yeti ASX, Maverick DUC32 forks 6", saint cranks, Navigator 6 piston brakes, sram X-9, Sic Bars. Freeride-lite. Larsen tyres for trail riding. Now Goooooone thanks to Mr Zorf. I'm gonna miss this one a lot.
03 Cannondale F600, Lefty Jake 100mm, Sram F&R Derailleurs and shifters no Shimano at all, Hayes HFX9's, Race Face cranks, Time control Z pedals.
08 Giant Reign X0, didn't even get to ride it.
08 GT Peace 9'r.

Terrible shame that I can't ride for shit.

You can read the review of them all here

Apologies for the few other photos on there, I needed somewhere to put them for my MTF interview.;)

Attachments

Last edited:

cheese

Likes Dirt
:eek: Thats an impressive collection of bikes. You must have a large stable to keep them in. Mabey thats where the "fat people are happy" saying comes from.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Glad I didn't put all of them on here then. lol. I don't have pics of the Gemini or the Ruckus.
What can I say, I love them and my wife understands.

Last edited:

scblack

Leucocholic
I just sold my third, thinking it was too much. sheesh. I sold the XC, so it's not the end of the world:p .

Good collection.:D

Chilli

Likes Dirt
whoa man, nice one. where do you keep them all?

my mates say im nuts for just owning three bikes. mind you if i could own as many bikes as you have, i sure as hell would :D

Last edited:

ScottD

Likes Bikes and Dirt
nice bikes, I am struggling to have one and keep upgrading it. donate some to us!!!

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cheers guys, it's taken a long time and saving heaps to get em all. Like I said, the wife understands. They're all carefully stored and locked up waiting for me to get back from the UK. So right now I'm doing far too much drinking and next to no riding, I'm getting even fatter;)
Must say big thanks to the guys at SIC bikes for all their work on them.

Last edited:

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Wow... 7 working bikes... i thought i was the only one with that many!

tombi

Likes Dirt
could u give us a rough ching count. That must have cost an arm and a leg. Nice bikes, loving the GT DHi and Zaskar. Have fun and ride them all well. Do u ride them equally or do u favour some over others?
TB

P.S Did i say that, that is a friggin noice collection of rides, well done.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I love them all, even the pub bike. I don't really ride the Zaskar as much any more, I love it too much to break it. Since I got the Moment, pretty much all the others are collecting dust, it is the perfect "one bike" for me. But I do get out on them or let friends ride the others quite often. I feel guilty otherwise.